Annoying squeak

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric nichols

Reaction score
I have an annoying squeak on the driver side of my trailer that just started today. The trailer has disc brakes and the bearings were greased, not replaced, 2 months ago. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Eric

Only other moving part are the springs. They always squeek because you are dunking them in the water. I spray wd40 in between them and on the shackles. Makes it go away for a while then it comes back. You might want to check the bunks just to make sure they are tight to the trailer.

TOXIC

If i had to guess it is either the springs like tox mentioned or the brake pads are worn into the wear bars.

If it starts squeaking when the wheels are rolling then its most likely the braked. You can jack a wheel and turn it to find out. If it does it over bumps its springs. You can easily simulate that by getting on the back of the boat and make the trailer bounce a little with your body weight.

Wheel bearings generally dont squeak, they make a deep rumbleing sound then fail shortly thereafter.

Time to change the brake pads. Any brand recommendations? Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back