Am I still a member ???? Happy New Year!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Man, it's been so long since I've posted, it scared me. I have been covered up since the middle of November. Most weeks, have been traveling to either Columbus, IN or Troy, MI. Doing about 100-120 hours a week, trying to get our project/program back on track.

Finally took off from about 12/15 through the end of the year. That resulted in only working about 35-40 hours a week. Actually loaded up the truck (got a new/used GMC - more on that another time) and took the wife to the Hotel Galvez on the seawall in Galveston for a few days.

Having dinner with 5 of my best friends (along with spouses/friends/partners/guests) tonight. We've know each other since College, and some of us from Jr. High School. We get together 2-3 times a year to swap stories - and drink some Napolean Cognac. Tonight is both 'New Years' and also our un-official 60th Birthday party. All of us turn 60 within the next 9 months (I'm the 'baby' and the last in September).

I'll try and put myself a reminder to be more frequent here.

Have a safe and simply Great New Year's tonight, and of course through the following year also.

Tex

Tex - You are always a member!!

Glad you got to Galveston, I haven't been to the Strand in 15 years!!

Give Judy and Maggie a bug hug for all of us, and Happy New Years!

Trep

Thanks Trep. Just got back a couple of hours ago. Trip was nice - had a great dinner on the Strand Saturday night at Bistro LaCroy. It was one of the best meals I've eaten 'out', in the last 15 or so years. Price was 'reasonable' also.

Last night, had dinner with a group I've known and been friends with since 1966 (and a couple of us earlier than that). Nice dinner also, but $$$. Great time.

Tex

Good to hear from you Tex. Sounds like you had a great eve!

Are you going to be in Mi next (Jan 5th) weekend? Bass Pro is having an in-house boat show and Mac and I will be there Saturday the 5th.....

Mini

I'll be there, but not on the Weekend. I'm arriving on Monday afternoon.

Looks like I will be up there quite a bit in '08. We'll have to arrange for some wings/brew one evening.

Tex

I was wondering where you were Tex.. I was going to call you Old Timer until I realized I WAS older than you <groan>..

Uncle Billy

Fo sho Tex. If you are in Troy the new Hooters on Metro Parkway and Rochester Road is a good one. Depending on the time we are there I can get a hook up from the Manager :)

Looking forward to it! Possibly do it for dinner and we can get Mac to be there before he heads home. Neeley, now thats another story! We could always have dinner and then head over to Neeleys store with a carry out for the poor working stiff! lol

Mini

Latest posts

Back