Air lift on truck?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
When my truck sits normal, the rear axle sits slightly lower than the front. It should sit level, then when I put on the boat, it sags even more with the tongue weight. I want the rear to ride about 1-2" high unloaded and level when trailering. Some guys at work that tow race cars said to put and air suspension lift on my shock arms. Anyone ever use these. A gauge in the truck allows you to adjust the ride the way you want it. I don't want to give up the soft ride the Bravada offers, but need a little more beef with a boat on. I'm constantly dragging my swivel jack wheel when going over bumps. The kit is under $100. Plus with the ground effect package on my truck, the tires sit very close to the fender wall, a lift would give a little more clearance. Is it a good investment or should I just put in a standard 2" lift?

Rob-

A higher trailer ball would be a 'quick fix' to keep the jack wheel off the ground...

Seems like I remember a post not too long ago about "load levelers" for a Grand Cherokee...can't remember who posted it, but it looked like they worked pretty slick.

az

Rob,

I need to do the same thing to my wifes Jeep, I need her to tow sometimes. I 've been looking at load boosters as well as auto leveling systems. Let us know what you do and how it works. I saw how the load boosters worked for someone with a jeep to pull a 901 but it still seemed to sag a little in the rear.

Thanks,

Big Jon

Rob: If you can get a complete system for a $100.00 that is a real good deal,I just looked in one of my catalogs and everything you need retails for about $300.00 (air bags,controls,compressor and tubing) How about an old fashion set of air shocks? should sell for about $70.00 for a pair? Bruce

PS.....when did you get a truck man? I thought you had an Olds Bravada!

Jamey

I second Jamey's suggestion.. Add-a-leafs are pretty dang cheap (like, $40 cheap!) and they're easy to install yourself... I personally installed a rancho add-a-leaf as part of an overall 3" suspension lift on my Tacoma, and I haven't seen any ill effects yet..

One suggestion might be to get a long add-a-leaf instead of a short one.. Mine's short, and the ride is a little bouncier.. The long ones are a little more expensive (like 70 bucks, maybe) but they don't decrease the ride quality as much. If it sounds like something you'd be interested in, I'll try to find you some part numbers. :)

Let me clarify.. The previous statement was made assuming that the rear of the Bravada is suspended by leaf springs.. If that's the case, then, yeah... what I said! If not, ignore me completely. :)

Latest posts

Back