Adios Fellas - Moving to China again!

• Thread starter Michael Trepper
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Gang,

As some of you know, I've been traveling for work to southern China since January, sold the Nitro last month, and now its official - The whole family is moving with me to Shenzhen, China this summer! Its a great opportunity with IBM, a great opportunity for the family, and the timing is right.

So the house in Georgia goes up for sale in a few weeks, we'll sell the Toyota and the Dodge later this summer, put a few things in storage, move a few things to China and sell or donate the rest.

I've not yet found the hot fishing spots in Shenzhen or Hong Kong, but I've found a few tackle shops, so i just need to hook up with the locals and get Eli and I out fishing this fall!

Trep

Trep - Don't be a stranger over there. See what you can do to help cut our deficit with the Chinese. I hope you have Bass Pro as one of your favortes on your web. You can probably buy all the equipment locally and cut out the middle man. Best of luck to you and the family and will you be coming back to Hotlanta?

Again... The Chinese are gonna get PO'd when you start catching ALL their fish...

Wishing you and your family save travels Trep!!

Best of luck Trep!! Tell Noah that Tesla is looking seriously at China as a potential market. American designed, sourced and built vehicles EXPORTED to China!

Best wishes to you and the family. It's great that you and your family get to see the world.

BF

Trep, congrats on the move! Sounds like a great thing for you and the family.

Any idea how long you'll be gone?

Good Luck Trepster and we at NTOWS wish all the best!

There goes all the fish in China:cool::lol:

Trep, I know the next few months are going to be very busy and time will be short, but if you need to get out and wet a line give me a call

Dennis in AL

Travel safely Trep. All the best to you and your family.

Trep,

Glad to see you got this finalized and the plans are in place. Best of luck in the housing market - it's still tough out there for sure. Maybe this time, Judy and I can plan a trip over sometime.

Tex

Trep, Good luck to you and your family.

How long are you planning on being there for?

Thanks Guys - Mike L - YES it will be Eli catching all their fish!!

For how long, initially 1 year, thats what were all signed up for, and we'll take it step by step. A lot of variables in play (Kids liking their new school, making friends, enjoying the location, Beka liking the school/location, me enjoying the work... etc).

But were being very open this time, who knows when we come back where we'll be located, and while we've loved North GA the last 16 years, w/out a house we are more flexible to decide as a family where we go next (A lake near by with Bass is a MUST!!)

I'll keep up on the site and with everyone, and when we get settled will post pics once Eli and I find some fish!!

We're not moving till late July, so last 3 weeks of June i'll be in town and get out fishing with someone (gotta see where and when), and then last 2 weeks of July i'll be back in town getting the house empty and moving the family.

If anyone gets to Hong Kong or the vicinity over the next year or so, look me up!!

Trep

Trep, you are taking OFFSHORING to an extreme....

Good luck, travel safe, and keep us posted on your family adventure in the far east!

Boy....I spent quite a bit of time in Shanghai starting up a plant. Learned enough Mandarin on my own to get by and to know when people were talking about me. :D LOL. I don't think I could move there. I do know they have largemouth bass there though. All the seafood restaurants had them in their aquariums. Pick the bass you want and they'll cook it up.:(

I did eat some weird things and seen even weirder things I wouldn't place in mouth. There isn't anything on a bird, animal for fish that they'll waste. We were sitting down in the group and were having roasted chicken. The chicken came to the table with only it's insides gone. One guy chewed on the head and sit out the beak.:blink: They also chewed on the feet and toes. :wacko:

Good luck and be safe. I'm sure you'll be checking in here from time to time.;)

Heck Mike..you will feel right at home everything else has already moved there...JR

Latest posts

Back