Adding a battery

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Janousek

Reaction score
I have a 2009 Tournament V18 that has a group 24 starting battery and a group 27 TM battery. I would like to add another 27 for the trolling motor, but don't know if there is enough room. Right now the boat all covered and tucked away for another two months. Has anyone run a 24 and two 27's in a v19?

Brnbass I have two 27's and a cranking battery in my TV. Could not get 29's to fit!

Randy!

I've added a second Size 24 trolling motor battery in my 2000 TV-18 with no problem. Size 27's were too tight of a fit.

Reno

Before I put the boat away for the winter, I was looking at the battery set up. The way the two of them are placed now, there would not be room for another 27. Randy, did you put the 27s with the long dimension going front to back? I think they may fit that way. Boat is tucked in right now, but some chargers, etc. are on sale.

Actually the dealer put them in that way, front to back.

They work fine but are tight!

Well, I guess if you were willing to give up some storage space, you could removed a hatch liner and put in a battery box. I'd hate to lose the space, though.:(

Latest posts

Back