A-1 Site, Stump Pond

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bass Tracker

Reaction score
Anybody ever take thier bass boat in here? and I am assuming that if I was to, I will only be using my "trolling motor" but I was just wondering if anyone has done this with thier bass boat as opposed to just a "john boat"? Thanks

I have never done it. Mainly because i dont think the ramp is deep enough for me to be able to get it off the trailer. I dont think i would want to try it either. theres so many trees below the surface it will hang the boat up bigtime. It could also dent the boat. I dented the crap out of my 12' rowboat there over the years and that boat was built in the 50's and it is much thicker aluminum then what is used today.

Sorry I didn't think of that as a name when I saw It. I was looking for a picture.

Is that the same stump pond on the Salem NH, Methuen MA line?

I fished there a few times in a canoe before I owned a bass boat. There are some nice fish in there, but I would try to launch a bass boat. Canoes and Jon boats only.

Hey BassTrackerMA - I have fished there in my boat. I have fiberglass and I assume you have tin. You just need to be pretty careful - it's the stumps below the waterline that you may get stuck on. From the launch, you are clean to the right and you will see people fishing along the shoreline. Look on your fishfinder for a channel that runs parralel to the short 20 yards out - you will kill them with a lipless.

Out in the stumpfields there is a creekpath that if you follow on your fishfiinder will help you stay clear of stumps. You can fish along the sides but need to be watching carefully - I would not run the motor. Obviously of you get stuck on a stump you willl need to rock off of it. Let us know if you catch a big bass - try all the way at the back of the field near the railroad tracks.

Here is a photo of the place -

A1%20Stump%20Fields.jpg

Good Luck! Bill, the Madkayaker

Latest posts

Back