1. Welcome to Nitro & Tracker Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

99 700 Lx Steering

Thread in 'Motors & Props' started by N82Fish, Apr 9, 2018.

1. N82Fish

N82Fish New Member

Need help on a good way to remove the steering cable from a nitro 700lx. Thanks.

2. cq

cq Well-Known Member

3. N82Fish

N82Fish New Member

I have searched the internet with no luck. I’ve read discussions about people having to replace steering on this site but nothing discussing exactly how they removed the cable.

4. cq

cq Well-Known Member

Then disconnect from steering wheel and snake out cable. I would attach a line/electricians snake to the old cable in case you need a guide to install the cable.

5. N82Fish

N82Fish New Member

Thanks for your help. I have watched that video and many others. The issue I have is with the 700lx there is not a lot of space and the steering cable hits the side of the boat when I am sliding it out of the tilt tube. The only way I can see me being able to get it out is by removing the motor. The guy in the video is on a big boat and he can just pull his steering cable off. I am hoping someone on this site has had a similar issue and was able to resolve it.

6. cq

cq Well-Known Member

I guess i do not understand. I have removed a number of steering cables from different boats, some were more difficult than others but they came out. Have you tried to turn the steering wheel after both sides are disconnected?