99 700 Lx Steering

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N82Fish

Reaction score
Need help on a good way to remove the steering cable from a nitro 700lx. Thanks.

I have searched the internet with no luck. I’ve read discussions about people having to replace steering on this site but nothing discussing exactly how they removed the cable.

Then disconnect from steering wheel and snake out cable. I would attach a line/electricians snake to the old cable in case you need a guide to install the cable.

Thanks for your help. I have watched that video and many others. The issue I have is with the 700lx there is not a lot of space and the steering cable hits the side of the boat when I am sliding it out of the tilt tube. The only way I can see me being able to get it out is by removing the motor. The guy in the video is on a big boat and he can just pull his steering cable off. I am hoping someone on this site has had a similar issue and was able to resolve it.

I guess i do not understand. I have removed a number of steering cables from different boats, some were more difficult than others but they came out. Have you tried to turn the steering wheel after both sides are disconnected?

I feel you brother. Trying to remove my steering wheel from my 700lx also and I know your problem. I saw a video on Youtube a couple of years ago and this guy just muscled it out. I thought I would bend it. But I also saw another that took a big chunk out of his fiberglass at the boot. The problem is there is only about 12 inches of room to pull it out of the steering tube and the cable is much longer than 12 inches. The video I saw, 1 guy pounded the cable out of the tube and the other guided it over the top of the corner of the boat.

Latest posts

Back