911 cdc battery ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon Frye

Reaction score
I have a 2001 nitro cdc I just purchased with less than 50 hrs on package. My question is the trolling batteries are on each side of boat behind seats. There is no jumper wire to make this a 24 volt system. Am I right to assume I am only pulling current from one battery. I had one get weak today, I had to manually swap em to get power. I have a on board dual pro charger and it never gets one of the batteries toped off. Just four red bars never the last green one. I was told when purchased that it would draw from one and then switch to other. The trolling motor has a switch for twelve or 24. Thanks a lot

Do you have 3 total batteries? If so and you have the 12/24 switch on your TM, there needs to be a jumper to get 24 to it. If your charger is a 3 bank and one bank does not charge, you either have a bad battery or a bad bank on your charger. If you have a 2 bank charger and it is hooked to your TM batteries only then the same situation applies. If you have a 2 bank to your cranker and 1 TM battery, your 2nd battery on the TM side will not charge without a jumper. Test the plug for 12 or 24 output.

whoa....slow down! do you have the battery bus installed in your bilge area?

It has a black plastic cover over the bus bars and cables running under the cover. ALL of the trolling batteries should have leads heading to it. Charger too. I think the jumper is under that cover.

My advice.....never use your trolling motor on 12v. Always use the 24v. But that is after you make sure you getting full power to charge to the batteries and at least 24v at the trolling motor plug.

Latest posts

Back