2021 Tracker ProV175 Fuel Gauge

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outcast

Reaction score
Hello all,
Gas gauge quit working, looked at wiring to the gauge and all is intact. Is there a fuse somewhere I am missing? Any thoughts out there?
I did move all accesories off cranking battery and put on a separate battery. I lost operation of stereo, because I was told on here that it is grounded via the ignition switch to cranking battery. Do not quite understand that, but sounds plausible. I cannot tell if gauge quit working before or after switching out accessories. Any thoughts or ideas appreciated…….Oucast.

Any chance your boat is still under a warranty. Remember if you are a veteran your warranty should have been extended to three years.

Boat is a 2021 Tracker ProV175

Here's how to check to see if your gage is bad or your sending unit in the tank is bad. locate the sending unit it's on the top if the fuel tank, there should be access to it as per NMMA standards. When you find it the sending unit will have a pink wire ( again NMMA standards ) on the top center of the unit and a black wire on the side of the sending unit or a ground on the tank. Now turn the key switch to on, disconnect the ground wire and touch it to the pink wire, your gage should read full, if not the gage is bad. If it does the sending unit is bad. Hope this helps

Another way is just use an ohm tester test black/white wire. Should have sone resistance. If not you need to make sure both wires are coming from same source. Sounds like you took the + off one battery but stuff is still grounded to starting battery.

Here's how to check to see if your gage is bad or your sending unit in the tank is bad. locate the sending unit it's on the top if the fuel tank, there should be access to it as per NMMA standards. When you find it the sending unit will have a pink wire ( again NMMA standards ) on the top center of the unit and a black wire on the side of the sending unit or a ground on the tank. Now turn the key switch to on, disconnect the ground wire and touch it to the pink wire, your gage should read full, if not the gage is bad. If it does the sending unit is bad. Hope this helps
Unless that ground wire doesn't go to the negative of the new battery,I would also run a temporary ground of the - pole of the new battery to the sending unit wires and check for 12 volt with a meter.

Thanks guys, as soon as I get a minute I will be checking that out… busy as heck with honey do projects.. will report back on my findings..!

Latest posts

Back