2011 Z6 stereo install

• Thread starter Josh Daigre [URL]http://www.crutchfield.com/p_822M
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh Daigre

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a 2011 Z6 dula console. Do plenty of fishing ay my camp and other local lakes and rivers, but I also like to take the wife and little girl out on the water during the summer to play with friends. Currently I use a speaker tube with 6in marine speakers plugged into a 12v plug in my boat and an iPod to rock some tunes. I am thinking of installing a radio though so that the speaker tube is one less thing to pack around and have in the way. They've got some newer marine head units available nowadays and are the size of your basic tach and rpm gauges. Anyone out there installed any type of stereo in their Z series have any thoughts or input? Thanks in advance and I'm going to try and post a link to the one I'm leaning toward.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_822MPK170/JBL-MPK170.html?tp=1721

Thats a nice system. I emailed you some pictures of some extra speakers I mounted in the consoles of my Z7 Sport.

Good Luck.

I have a similar one in my boat. I took out the speedo to install it. It has a built in 40w/ch amp but I already had a 100w/ch amp installed. It works well. Mine is the Milinea (sp?).

I got the pics Fisher, thanks. Only difference is the sport editions give you a few more mounting options as far as speakers. And Mini, I think I saw the one you are talking about also. I think I've got the stereo placement figured out. Gonna probably mount in the door of my glove box to where I don't have to cut into my fiberglass and still will be able to store phones and wallets, etc in the glove box. Main hiccup I can think of is speaker placement. Maybe under consoles or possible underneath driver and passenger seats. The Z6 has storage under those seats instead of fuel tank so I may be able to mount in that wall. Still just hate to have to cut my glass.

Latest posts

Back