2006 Nitro 911 hull warranty info - transferability

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim mccormick

Reaction score
Does anyone know the specifics of the hull warranty relating to transfer to second owner ?

I am the 2nd owner, and I'm seeing conflicting time frames on the length of the transferred warranty. I'm inside the 5 yr. transfer window, but don't know how much more time I can get for my $100. - thx

I thought it was 10 years. Call Tracker.

I happen to have a copy of Trackers hull warranty. My copy says a 2nd owner can have the warranty transferred but must pay $100 within the 1st 30 days of purchasing the vessel. The warranty period will then be for 5 years from the purchase date of the ORIGINAL owner......So if your boat is more than 5 years old I would say you are not covered.

If you want the entire document then post your email address and I will send you the PDF file.

good luck

E

Just wanted to add a few more comments....the original owner gets 10 years on the hull...and 2nd owner that "qualifies" can only get 5 years from the ORIGINAL owners purchase date. Buying the $100 transfer warranty does not extend the warranty duration ( i.e. 10 years + 5 additional years), but simply allows the 2nd owner to share in part of the original 10 year warranty window.......... (i.e. the 1st 5 years of the boats life)

Basically if your are the 2nd owner and the boat is over 5 years old....you are SOL...sorry.

hope this clarifies

E

Latest posts

Back