2005 nitro 750 - ignition switch

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEFF CHELETTE

Reaction score
First i want to thank you in advance if you can assist. I am a full time mechanic for the Louisiana Army Nationsl Guard so i know my way around maintenance pretty decent. I just recentlly bought a 05 Nitro 750 with 90 mercury in great condition. Few little minor things here and there, but that happems on brand new equipment daily.

Anyway, i am going to have to order a new Ignition Switch with Key. So i have a few questions

#1 - where is the best and cheapest boat parts online with great customer service??

#2 - where can i find a parts manual and schematics online for my boat. Ignition swittch has

red wire

black wire

yellow wire

yellow with red stripe

Black with yellow stripe

purple wire.

I have a good clue on some, but schamtics will show me what every wire is.

Thanks again

SGT CHELETTE

[email protected]

First off, thank you for your service!! As far as schematics, your best bet will be a Tracker Dealer, either Bass Pro Shops or an independent. Can you not just buy the new ignition and swap it out? The new one should match the old.

I have the same 2005 nitro 90 hp merc and I get all things from Bass pro but I must say I haven't ordered much cause it runs good and did you get a good deal on your boat? cause I'd like to sell mine for 9000

2005 Nitro nx 750 sc 90 merc.jpg

I just replaced the ignition switch in my 929 yesterday. It sounds allot like the switch you might be looking for. Mine had the same wires as you listed. I bought the kit in the link below. I could not find JUST the switch as show in the pictures. It was all plug and play for me. Hope this helps!!

http://greatlakesskipper.com/en_us/standard-8-piece-boat-rocker-switch-set-with-ignition-switch

Latest posts

Back