2003 rally

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRAD BROWN2

Reaction score
SO HAVE WE DECIDED ON THE LOCATION FOR THE 2003 RALLY. I WOULD PERSONALY LIKE TO FISH KENTUCKY LAKE, BUT THAT IS JUST MY OPINION.

I'm just sittin' back waitin' for everyone to decide..... I'm ready to set it up at Mark Twain.....

Realistically, I know I'll be able to help out for a Rally at Mark Twain and to a much lesser extent if it is Kentucky Lake... I think the "problem" to be resolved is not only where but who is going to organize and staff it... Mark Twain has three people committed... Scott and his current two elves (Me and MoFish...elf positions available for the asking...just see Scott)

I thought we were committed to moving this thing around. Since we already had a MO based rally (the first was at Truman), I think a new location is a good idea. It will allow other folks to attend.

Let's build off of RIch's and NOT make it Lanier!! Hey, let's go to the Classic Lake, Lay Lake in AL, anyone from there wanna host>?:?

Nope Scott, you're not an elf...elves are helpers not "bosses"...You be da' BOSS so we be da elves...

I like the KY idea. Probably within my 'range'.

I will glad to help 'elve' on the front end - calling, following up, etc. Certainly can't do much on-site help in advance from SC though.

Lanier....when will Rich put this toghether and invite everyone to his home!!! Maybe we should have the 5th annivessary rally at home in GA...

Pierre

Can't go that far, I would use up 2-3 days of vaca just getting there and back. I thought we were still thinking about doing regional ones so everyone could make at least one of them.

If, I say if, we did regional ones...would they be NE, SE, Central, NW, SW, what ideas and that's a lot of people trying to organize a lot of stuff... And, Rich, I'm not against a KY Rally at all...just reasonably sure that there wouldn't be much in the way of ability to help. I can help out a Mark Twain MO Rally because I visit my mother's home in Quincy, about 30 miles from Mark Twain, so I'd be around a lot to help out "on site" and Sott is in St. Louis and so is MoFish... Between us, we should be able to keep a handle on things and work with the local "stuff" at Mark Twain... Anybody volunteering to run one at Kentucky Lake?

Good "Help" is always hard to find..... Look what happened to me - I got stuck with a bunch of elves! Where's John Foster when you need him?!!?

Mark Twain is easier for Big John to get to..... I'd sure like to see him again! And Stacey and Susan, too!

So..... If I just say "Consider it done", is anyone gonna turn down Mark Twain?

me!

That's too far for me, (and Neeley i'm assuming),....a 10-11hr day is max drive time for pullin' a boat for us,...we gota limit our vacation time to 2 days,..meaning driving home on sunday..ALL THE WAY!!) I like the KY/TN location!

Mac

Mac,

Check your distances...its supposedly 600 miles from Detroit to Florence, Mo... That's inside your time frame... And it is almost all (about 50 miles or less) 4 lane in Illinois its I55 to Springfield then I72 to Hannibal Mo and then from there to the lake

Oh wait, I know, can I host the first annual Tracker/Nitro owners ICE rally? In February, we'll ice fish! With Trep as master of ceremonies! HAAAA!!! Not! Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Kentucky is better for me. MO is a bit far for a weekend.

Rich D

We should just post this over in the "Surveys" and let the computer tally up the votes. Then add Airline tix into the group buys.

It's going to be very difficult to make EVERYONE happy with a single location. I think what it's going to boil down to is someone stepping up and saying "I'M HOSTING THE RALLY AT...." I just hope some one does it soon so I can start socking away some cash because I plan on flying. Now I like Rob, Buzz and Bob G. but I ain't ridin' in no truck with those guys burp'n and fart'n for 14+ hours....LOL

Like I said, "I'll host the rally - but it would be at Mark Twain."

Anyone else stepping up to host the Kentucky Lake location?

Hi, i dont post too many messages but i do read most of them. Rob, good job in the Everstart tourny, You've done us Nitro guys proud. I'm currently in 8th place in the Illini BFL circuit and am looking forward to fishing Everstart next year...... Now as to a Rally spot, Has anyone mentioned Dale Hollow? Great Smallmouth Lake. Just thought i'd mention it...... See ya on the water,

Mike

Hi Mat,.....yeah,..we mentioned several lakes in that area,..Kentucky/Barkley,...'Hollow,...Douglas,..Percy Priest,...they're all good smallie lakes, but getting someone to volunteer to host it is the problem...seems nobody from the board lives in the immediate area!! Bummer!

We need local help/advice to arrange group accomodations, etc...stuff like that! Personally, I'd like to see it spread around a bit,...1 or 2 years ago was the "first one" and it was held in MO....this year it was on Lk. Champlain in NY. Rob put it all together (he lives there) and it was a HUGE success (most of the attendees lived within a 5-6hr drive anyway and Neeley and I drove the farthest, coming from MI)...next year we'd like it in another location, but so far we've only had volunteers to organize it again in MO....based on past posts regarding this, there's a lot of positive response to a KY/TN location (centralized for most of the board participants) but the "Host" thing is the problem! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Mac

Mac hit the nail on the head..... There are places we'd all like to fish and might take advantage of a rally to go there. However, without a host, there will be no rally anyplace.

Greg, Mark and I have said we would put on the green, pointy-toed shoes for a rally at Mark Twain.

What we'd like to know is "Would you like us to get started?"

I think we can afford to wait for a while,...if we hold the rally in june,...we don't need to start planning until jan-feb time frame,........that gives us a good 4 months to wait for a volunteer or a "newbie" to join the board who may live in the KY/TN area that may be willing to host a rally there!...That's just my opinion though, but I don't think we need to commit to a location just yet!! I'd like to see if we can get one going on Barkley or Dale Hollow,..but that's just my own selfish opinion!!..LOL If we don't get a volunteer by the first of the year,...then by all means get one planned on 'Twain!! (I'll be fishing with Shania!!...sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!)LOL

Mac

I'd love Hollow in TN. Gotta get my shot at the new world record smallie! Thanks for the comments Mike. If you're fishing the Everstarts next year, you'lll see me. I'm trying to fish the whole thing next year. Will be tough. That's why I think I am going to pass on the winni tourney, to save $$$ to buy Buzz's boat. Will need the bigger boat next year. If you guys go to KY, I have an Uncle in Lexington, how far is that from KY lake? And Marke, consider yourself lucky with me, Bob, and Buzz burpin and farting, it could be worse, could be Mac and Ken and slim jims and coronas! LOL

I'm going to wait to see how this pans out. I've got relatives in MO, and an old fishing buddy in Lexington, KY so I don't think I can lose. By the way, why is it that the best smallie action is either waaaay up North or waaaay down South---us poor guys stuck in the middle gotta travel no matter what. By the way Mac, Shania is already booked into my boat, she said you could take her pappy Mark Twain.

TOXIC

yeah baby! ooops sorry. had a moment there! Toxic, if you get Shania in your boat, let me know if you need a net man. I'll give you ALL my money spots! LOL

"OK....so you're Denny Brauer, that don't impress me much"

Problem is, last time I took her out she kept singin thae same tune, it went something like "That don't impress me much"-----

TOXIC

I live in Lexington, Ky... distance to Ky Lake is about 6 hours...

Distance to 'Hollow, around 3...

I volunteer to help in any way I can, but seems we need someone that really knows the specific area to "host".. I have yet to fish either of the two lakes.

Cumberland was also mentioned...

I would think that if we can get this rally planned for just before the "season" starts, (say April/May) we should be able to get plenty of assistance from the marina's/resorts/etc... specially if we had a confirmed large group....

I definitely plan to make the next rally, but like others, I think it has to be within an 8 hours drive to be manageable.

OK...I volunteeer Mac to be the HOST for a St. Clair rally...

Um Toxic, lighting your underwear on fire don't impress ME much either, but it IS funny! Not a good way to pick up chicks though! Just a thought. Save that for the Man's Show

LOL...nice try Ken,...I'm not gonna volunteer to HOST anything until I see my travel and tourney schedule for next year!! (That'll be in Jan. i presume)...I'll organize it though if we all stay at YOUR place!! LOL

Mac

Years ago I fished the Red Man out of Star Point Marina, Byrdstown, Tennessee on Dale Hollow Lake. There was plenty of room to pull the boats up to shore to check livewells, kill switches, load gear etc. after pairing up.

Used the same space to park boats for weigh-ins. Ramp was okay. They had a motel and camping areas. Good location on the lake.

I fished the summer night tournaments but the day tournaments start early in the spring all over the lake.

They have a few smallmouth.

The lake is in Kentucky and Tennessee and not close to anyone or anything but fun to fish.

Bear

Mac...that's a possibility...I could put up at least 8 or 10 people, but TOXIC would have to stay somewhere else...downwind preferably!!!

Hey Ken,

How about a rally close to a DZ?

Catch a little RW on the side!

T

Latest posts

Back