2002 901 Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C C

Reaction score
I ran across what I think may be a reasonable deal but would appreciate hearing input before I stroke the check this weekend. I know I am sold on the Avalanche, but am really in love with the 901 and with a keel guard and basic caution I feel I should be ok with a glass boat. So here I go, below is the option list and price of the boat that I would like to buy. Only thing is after looking at all of the 901s for sale here I don't know if I am getting a good deal. Any suggestions, should I jump on this or keep shopping, ask for some accessories to be thrown in?

2002 Nitro 901 Dual Console

Gator Mount 109 lb Tour Edition

901 Cover

Hydraulic Steering for the 901

Zercom Flasher

Custom Color Upgrade (Patriot Edition)

White Keel Guard

Dual Pro 3-Bank Charger

Dual Axle Upgrade

Fiberglass Fender Upgrade

2 SRM-27 Deep Cycle Batteries

1 24 Extra Heavy Duty Battery

2002 200HP DFI-OPTIMAX MERCURY

$26,550.00

Thank you,

Cass

Cass, that sounds like a really sweet rig. 901 patriot. awesome! you can check the build a boat on the nitro web site to see if the price is in line with what is advertised. i would think that you would be able to get a break since it is a 2002 model and the dealer should be motivated. good luck, and looks to me like you picked a really nice boat that should really be a looker.

jd

Thank you Jim, great suggestion I priced out the 2003 with the same options and came up with $31,830 before adding in Dealer Prep and Destination Charges, custom paint, & cover. The 2003 Opti through 4/15 has a 5 year warranty which is the one thing that has me hanging just a bit. A 5 year warranty is real sweet and would help me feel allot more comfortable buying a Opti. Not that I would expect there to be any problems but having a warranty is a comfort level that I like having.

Cass

MAC, $25K is the number I was thinking of. I didn't know there was a difference in the covers, hummmmm. He said he would throw in a cover now I will have to ask which cover.

Thanks!!

Cass

Get the ProTeam Cover Cass,.....It's awesome!!..I've got 2 covers for my boat too...one is the standard "grey" mooring cover and I have a ProTeam cover that is a heavier duct type matierial...I'm giving both of them to Mark when he gets my boat next month...make sure you ask for that one!!

Mac,,

You keep saying "YOUR BOAT " I'm getting a little bit concerned. Are you going to be able to let go ,when the time comes?? lol

Ditto what Mac said, but also change that charger to a Guest and make them throw in a Lowrance for the bow. Have your check handy when making the counter and I bet they accept. Then jump on it and never look back! "CC, glass is the way, the truth, the light!" subliminal message. If they think that's asking too much, tell them you have a line on the NTOWS for a boat only a year older for several K less with all those same features and it still has the warranty. Good luck. What colors you going to pick?

rob, it is a patriot! you know,.. red, white, & blue!

that boat in patriot should be waaaaaay awesome!

I think that the 5 yr warranty on optis was good in 2002 also. double check that if you havn't as i would want that kind of warranty

jd

The boat is a Pro Team Demo boat which I have no clue what that means. I am going to go to the dealership tomorrow and see if I can close this deal. Any other suggestions?

Cass

Mark...It's going to be a sad day when my boat leaves my garage for the last time...you're getting a good ride,..I really liked that boat and it took good care of me too!

You'll love it!!

Cass,....that just means it's 1 of their local "Pro Staff" members' boat...it might have "State Team" lettering on the gunnel...you can choose to leave it on or take it off...I'd leave it on....just for grins...people will think you're the whoop!!!..LOL "Cass Berryman"...LOL

try not to smile toooooo much when you are negotiating. if the nine series do not come with spare tires, check on that too. make shure they have all the manuals, lights, keys, etc... that come with the boat and see if they will take a ride with you to get familiar with the boat out on the water. can't really think of anything else as that boat is pretty well equipped.

jd

Yeah, meet me at Okeechobee on Tuesday and we'll break it in with some hawgs! Just make sure it comes with a spare and that the warranty has never been registered. If it is a demo boat, the break in period should be all set, but be sure you didn't lose anytime on the warranty. You should have the full shot. How far is the dealership from your home should you have any problems? Oh wait a minute. Your post says a 109 lb thrust TM, but only 2 TM batteries and a cranking battery. There should be 4, 3 for the TM as it is 36 volt and 1 for cranking. Did I miss something? Make sure you have 4 batteries! And get a Loc-R-bar for that bad boy pronto, 'cause in a rig that sweet you will be a target for thieves for sure!

Mac, I think I would have any Pro Team lettering removed, I wouldn't want any expectations put on me for actually catching fish.

Ok I think I got it... add in keys, manual, Pro team cover, spare tire, where is the 4th battery and haggle the price.

Thank You,

Cass

CC, it might be there, if I recall correctly because the bilge area is already full and to move some weight forward, I think one has to go up behind a seat. Lift one of the storage boxes out and it might be up there. If not, that's where I would try to move at least 2 of them, one on each side, to help hole shot and balance.

26,500 sounds like a good deal to me...that boat sells for around 33,000 new including freight and rigging. I would be happy if I could get the pro tream cover as an extra incentive, but I wouldn't count on it. That cover costs $700 alone. With that said you might be able to get down to about 26K. You will be happy with the 901. The Patriot color scheme is sharp and that boat will sure turn heads.

Sounds like a great deal on a great boat! The Patriot is a sharp color scheme.

One thing, though (not to sound too cautious or scare you)...the Opti is a great motor, but must be broken in properly. Ask them to run the diagnostics on the motor to ensure this was done correctly and sign something supporting this check. Improper break-in can void the warranty.

You have your list, go forth and buy great things!!

Mark.....I don't want JUST pix's at Xmas,....I hope the boat writes home occasionally too!!!..LOL!!

Latest posts

Back