2000 TV-18 Wheel Bearings

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reno G.

Reaction score
I'd like to order new wheel bearings, seals and caps for my 2000 Tracker TV-18 trailer, which I believe is a Trailstar trailer. I was hoping to have the parts in hand before replacing the bearings, but I'm unsure as to the size and part numbers of the bearings, seals...etc. Does anyone have this information handy? If not where can I find out what I need without actually taking the bearings apart?

Thanks.

Reno

They should be 1 1/16" BUT, never replace the bearings and seals without having them in hand....especially the seals.

Reno, I just pulled this service on my 2002 Proteam 175. This was the first time I had redone my bearings and seals. I grease my hubs frequently but last year I started to see some grease seeping around my rear seals so I knew it was time to take care of this matter. I had never repacked trailer bearings but it didn't seem like it would be rocket science. Once I tore my hubs down I realized both rear seals were bad but the bearings and races looked good and the axle spindle looked brand new. I went to my local NAPA store and purchased new bearings, races and seals. One important note, there are two rubber "O" rings behind the hub on each spindle. You need to pull those and replace them as well. That enables your rear seal to seal on the spindle. Mine were cracked and bad. My seals and rear bearings had numbers on them but neither of my front bearings had any numbers. The man that owns the shop I went to miced my old bearings to ensure I was replacing them with the right size. Everything went back together like new.

Another thing I did was use different grease in my hubs. I had always used "marine grease" but I was never real happy with it so I did a lot of research on the internet. I decided to use Lucas Oil Red & Tacky #2 this time around. It is nearly impervious to water and it has a 540 degree dropping point.

I know what you mean by wishing you had the new bearings, races and seals in hand but it is better to be safe. I saved all the paper work with the bearing numbers from my purchase and placed that info in the packet I keep on my boat so I will have them next time.

Good luck to you and good fishing.

Gopreach

Those O rings you are talking about do absolutely nothing to seal. There's no way when it rotates that it can seal up against those. I pulled mine off when I redid mine.

The seals will seal against the spindle.

Becareful with your seals on install...they're kinda thin and will bend easy. Use something flat ( I used old 1,2,3 blocks and a rubber mallet til' flush;)

You are correct Tee about the seal sealing on the tapered spindle. It appears to me the O rings are designed to act as a dust shield to protect the rear seal. On my trailer the O ring that sat against the rear seal was in a notch cut into the spindle. The O ring that was behind that just snuggled up tight against the O ring in the groove. In looking at it I felt its intended purpose was to keep grit from road grim and debris washing up against the rear housing of the seal. As I said in my original post this was all new to me. I guess I felt they served some purpose in prolonging the life of the seal. At any rate I replaced mine. I do know one thing, I need to pay more attention to my hubs. The rear seal on my left hub was just starting to seep some grease but the right hub had leaked quite a bit. I was fortunate that I did not have a problem.

Gopreach

You guys rock. Thanks a lot for the advice.

Reno

I pump new grease in until "new" grease comes out the front before every long trip and another couple of times a year to keep fresh grease in the hub.

I firmly believe that is the life of any bearing....lubrication!

Regardless of the grease, if your seals are good and no scratches on the races or bearings....you should be good to go;)

They also make some newer seals that even have a triple lip for better seal.

Latest posts

Back