2-Piece rod into one-piece?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
Last fall, I bought a $26, Abu Garcia Harold Ensley, light casting rod at WallyWorld that, it turns out, I really like for casting 1/8 oz spinners..... What I don't like about it is that it's a 2-piece rod.....

Anyone ever glue a two piece rod together?

Were there any ill effects?

What glue/adhesive did you use?

Thanks!

me!

Scott,

I did it once to a spinning rod and couldn't tell any difference except it never came apart again!! Which of course was the desired affect!

Tim

p.s. I just used plain old super glue.

same here, did the "super glue" to a couple of poles... no ill affects.

I had a 2 piece rod that started to get worn and every few casts the top half would launch out into the water,embaracing.I super glued the two pieces togeather and the glue set immediatly and what I didn't notice was the eyes were not lined up,rod was junk.Now I see a rod advertised the the eyes offset just like I made my rod by mistake.if you do it BE CAREFULL.

Scott,I have made plenty of one piece rods into two piece rods.Just shut them in a car door,step on them,run them over,drop pike on them or.............wait a minute,I think I've gotten it backwards,now what was the question again?

Scott, I like 5 minute epoxy for the 2-piece-to-1-piece rod conversion. Only a small amount is required.

Tell ya what, Rich..... I'll try the 5-minute epoxy and you try the Wheaties! (Mainly 'cuz I've got some e[oxy but no Super Glue!)

Tell ya what, Rich..... I'll try the 5-minute epoxy and you try the Wheaties! (Mainly 'cuz I've got some e[oxy but no Super Glue!)

Back