1st Day on The Lake

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
First real day on the lake and could only manage one slot fish. Not surprizing since I went uplake and it was pretty muddy and the water temp. was in the low to mid 50's. The best thing about the day was that I got to take my son. He rode back with me in a uhaul from Omaha to Virginia. We got some good quality time. He was taking my mothers passing quite hard (his grandmother). So, I told him to come back with me for a while. Oh, yeah.....the other good thing...I GOT MY FIRST SUNBURN OF THE YEAR!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOO. Thought I'd rub that in a little.

TOXIC

Nice try toxic but I got you beat . I got my first sunburn of the year on St. Patrick's day here in Jersey it was 77 that day . The downside was the water temp was 39 ,surface temp was only 44. Kind of weird to be fishing in t-shirts while your're pushing slush ice with the boat

hey tox, good to hear that lake has at least one fish in it! tourny this sat. things could look up then.kb

Kenny, water temps are coming up FAST, mid 50's mid lake yesterday but real muddy. My contacts tell me most of the heavy fish are still coming from downlake on primary and secondary main lake points. I actually caught my fish uplake. I've got a client on Friday who is fishing the tourney Saturday. We are going to try to pattern then. May partner is going out twice this week so he will dial them in by Friday for me. I'll let you know where and when.

Tom, I forgot what a sunburn was it's been so long!! This winter was BRUTAL

TOXIC

You guys got it rough. Fished Amistad in Del Rio, Tx this past week. Temps in the 80's water temps from 65-70 degrees. Fished wearing my shorts, i've gott a nice golden farmers tan now. The lake pattern was in Post Spawn.

tox, my partner picked up one on a small s.b. on sun. hardly a pattern... but it's a start! might downsize everything and slow way down.kb

Well don't know if you looked at my post from last Monday but on your lake in my tin boat I got 2 fish over 16" in 1 hour on Monday 17th.. and on Sunday the 23rd I caught another 15+ .

BF

Back