1994 Nitro Rick Clunn 160TF Spedometer problem

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Ott

Reaction score
I just bought a 1994 Nitro with a 60 hp Mercury motor. Everything works great, except the spedometer. I was told that it just a hole on the front part of the motor shaft, which is plugged?? Does this sound farmiliar?? Let me know if you have any knowledge about this or if you can give some advice. How do I check the gauge to make sure it is working...??

Thanks

Jason

Jason the whole is on the front of the lower unit near the bottom. It will be in the part that makes a peak (or the leading edge of your lower unit). The hole will be about the size of an ink pen head. Usally they get wood or debris in them. You can clean them out by taking a small pick or drill bit and slowly dig the junk out of it. Once you got it clean it wont be long before it gets clogged again. Just one of those things on a boat that happens all the time.

Donnie

I have a '95 160 TF, The speedo sometimes needs the line disconnected from the speedo and air blown back through the line, of course, after disconnecting from the engine. works fine after that.

Mike

Latest posts

Back