Z7 Jack Plate

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any of you Z7 owners with a 150 pro XS running a 10" or 12" hydro jack plate? If so can you share your results?

Thanks, Kevin

I huess no one here is running them. I will give a report in a week are so, i have a atlas 12" on the way.

Doug, normally for setup purposes you measure from the center of your prop hub to the pad. With your motor vertical of course. Set back doesn't affect this at all and it's setback you get with a plate. With a hydrolic plate you can adjust on the fly and have a better shallow water takeoff etc...With setup you have to be very aware of rpms at wot and water pressure, those are your limiters.

Well you learn something new every day. I just learned directly from BassCat Boats that they set up their boats according to wheel torque....No torque = Set up right.

I am here. Lol

Installed it last night. But the damn relay is bad. I by passed the relay and set the plate at 2 inches and went run it. I gained 4 mph with a load but my water psi was still at 17 psi so I know I can get more out of it. After I replace the relay and run it while adjusting on the fly I will write some before and after stats.

Keep in mind I didn't invest in the 12" for top in performance although it is nice, the mail reason is to be able to get on plane in shallow water.

I have to say I love the way the boat lifts now! At mid range RPMs it actually feels like it rides on the pad now!

We were running 62-63 with a FULL load with no chime walk, but I was driving the boat! I can see if someone was expecting the boat to run straight by itself it would defiantly get out of control.

Haul that thing to louisiana, the fishing is getting good here right now!!

Kevin

Just a FYI, i contacted TH Marine this morning and explained the situation with the relays. No questions asked, they are 2nd day shipping me a new relay pack! Thats what i call service!

Latest posts

Back