Yamaha now the BASS sponsor and Skeeter boats are prominently featured on the BASS website..,

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke Musto2

Reaction score
Anyone have any info as to why Triton and Mercury have divorced BASS? or vice versa..

Just wondering as to what anyone's hearing.. I was surprised by this news because I always thought of Yamaha as second tier company/motor manufacturer.. And to see Skeeter advertising on the BASS homepage... Just making me wonder..

Tritan and Merc have not left the package, the Skeeter/Yamaha program is in addition to the alliance package........I have the emails from BASS, as I am the Vice President of the South Dakota Federation.

Brunswick has pulled "way back" in their tournament sponsorship at the top tier. They (Lund and Mercury brands) pulled out of their sponsorship of the PWT (Profesional Walleye Trail). The "rumors and excuses" are that they intend to concentrate at the "grass roots" level...Federation, dealer and with guides and local hot sticks. Who knows for sure...anything?:huh:

As for the word in the wind.......many of the big name sponsors in the sport are going to be allocating less money for the elite anglers and spreading it out at the grass roots level. Still being involved in national trails but as Gregg said Federation, Fishers of Men, BFL and so on. This is good for smaller trails so as they can use that added resource to build their trails. The elite anglers are spending most of their time playing nice with the big boys like Under Armour, Proctor and Gamble and so on. The one thing that I could see in the future being a problem is when corporate America looses it interest in the sport.....where will that leave the Elite Anglers? They will probably be back to asking the first lady that got them to the dance for the money???? Corporate America is vital I believe in bringing our sport to the level it is now as long as they don't have their A.D.D. kick in and get board with us. Sorry for getting on the box again. Luke sorry for hijacking your post!

The Dragon

He who has the most money in the game get's the biggest play! It's just advertising folks! If Bayliner and the now defunk Force engine company had enough $$$$$$, then the pro's would be fishing out of those tubs and the masses would be buying them!

The new BR 121 Bayliner pro in sleek white/blue pro colors and bimni top coming to you with a high performance Force 250XPS (brigs/stratton) engine and high tech 42 pitch recyled aluminum prop for top end speed. Get the Dale Earnhardt black/blue version (includes free tow rope). :lol::lol::lol:

125 grand could get KVD to run an infomercial on the pocket fisherman???

Latest posts

Back