World record bass???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott lewis

Reaction score
I have been seeing reports that a new record was caught in california

can anybody confirm

This rumor is all over the place. If it turns out to be false, somebody is one evil SOB...

--Casey

I didn't want to brag....I caught it.

Hellava fighter too.

Harpo
New World Record.jpg

ROFL!!

You need to get down to my size, Harpo.....

Makes the fish look bigger!

Congrats Harpo!!!! Can't wait to read about It In the Mags...BWHAHAHHAHA JR

Your suspose to hold it up close to the camera to make it look bigger.

fatrap

Bassfan.com said the rumor is a 22 pound 7oz. out of clear lake california if its true this would be worth big bucks for one lucky angler!Hope they would release it or put her in a tank at bass pro or natinal aqairium.

Hmmm. I wonder what CA laws they have that govern the transportation of live fish there . . .

If caught, they are probably negotiating/analyzing which bait/tackle/line/boat/motor/etc/etc/etc pays the best.

Tex

I talked to a Clear Lake guide last night setting up a couple trips this spring. Fish are not biting right now but those that are have been big. He also heard about a world record fish. I believe 22lbs 9 oz was the weight I heard.

NoCAL

It's not only gonna' drop soon with largemouth(if it hasn't already),the smallmouth record I think will fall also.

Ohio state record was broken by more than 2 lbs. at Erie by Randy VanDam in 93'(7 3/4 lbs. held it since 1947).

Dale Hollow still may be in the running. Pickwick has produced some huge fish in the last few years but, really can't seem to break that elusive 9 lb. barrier.

I personally knew Billy Westmoreland who laid claim to more than 100 smallies in the 8 lb. range, one 10 lb'r and a World Record that was lost back in the late 70's:)

Turns out is was all a hoax!!! apoke with folks around here and it is a confirmed notta did not happen!!!!!!

Mark in Calif.

Hoax or no hoax -- Clear Lake has alot of nice fish. Western Outdoor News, the local Cal fishing and hunting paper, has a nice 5 fish tournament limit of 40.36lbs out of there last weekend topped by a 10.03 kicker. Or how about a 17.75 pound largemouth last week from the Sacramento Delta. Lake Casitas a few weeks ago had 2 pro's nail 27 over 8lbs in one day on swimbaits. Casitas has kicked out several bass around 20lbs over the years. And then you have Mike Long down San Diego way, catching double digit monsters weekly and holding lake records at most of the San Diego lakes. Don't be surprised if real soon California kicks out a new world record bass. The state just keeps feeding them rainbows and they get huge.

Byron, So. Cal

Hey Harpo, that's the size swim BAIT that they throw for them big monsters!!! No doubt there's some bigguns out on the left coast.

TOXIC

Back