Wireless backup camera

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Allen

Reaction score
Hey all,

Was wondering if any of you all have installed aftermarket backup cameras on your vehicles? I'm looking at the PEAK wireless for my crew cab Silverado. Any opinions or helpful insight? Thanks!

Scott

I added one to my CC 1500 HD several years back and wondered if the wireless camera would work so far away from the monitor in the cab. Well, it works just fine. Almost too good. At a couple places by the house it will pick up one of the wireless CCTV cameras on the property, but drops them and shows the ball and rear view when in reverse. The camera should be wired to only power up when the back-up circuit is hot. (I spliced right into the reverse light.) I mounted the camera bracket at the top of the license plate and didn't need any of the angled shims included for a perfect view of the ball and bumper area in general. With little ones around it's a great peace of mind and and makes hooking up to a trailer a one shot deal. Good luck! ;)

Thanks Dan. I figured there would be issues with other 2.4 gHZ wireless signal around (cordless phone, security cameras, etc..), but out the house I have 5.8 gHZ cordless phone system and security is provided by Remington, Tauraus, and teeth so no problems there:p

Scott

Latest posts

Back