Why buy a bass boat...Please HELP

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan Book

Reaction score
Okay, here is the deal. I have located a 1999 aluminum Skeeter bass boat with a Mercury Tracker 2001 75 hp on the back. This boat is all deck with just some area in front of the bench seats for your feet. It includes a rod locker, livewell, and tons of built-in storage. This is pretty much the boat of my dreams! Well, the deal is that I can get it for a little over $4000...BUT....we already have a 16 ft deep-v Starcraft that is somewhat of a ski and fish. The thing about this boat is that it has deep sides so it is family friendly (no kids falling out...we have an 8 month old). To make a long story short, how can I convince my wife that this is a good boat for us?!? Or, you got any way that I can earn $2000 real fast!

The kids will only fall out the boat one time.....one of lifes lessons, I think we have all learned. As long as they have their life jackets on they will float back to the surface.

I have always bought my new boats on a weekend when the wife was gone...suprise her, they only give you the silent treatment a couple of days...Thats just a nice break ....

EOP, thats what you gotta build up with the better half to pull it off. You may ask what the heck is EOP. Well EOP is built up every time you do something for the wife or family, as time goes on you build up enough EOP to buy new toys, go on trips with the boys, concerts, ect..

EOP is "Emotional Overdraft Protection" its a points system:

- Take the honey out to the movies - 1 point

- Dinner and movies - 2 points

- Flowers ( the non-sorry I screwed up type ) 25 points

- Clean the house - 10 points

- Clean the dishes - 5 points

- Cook dinner and clean the dishes - 15 points

and so on......

And you need one EOP point for every dollar you plan to spend without her permission.

For every dollar SHE spends without YOUR permission, you <u>get</u> one-half of an EOP point from HER.

Wow, this is a pretty complicated system. It almost seems easier to not even get the boat...LOL

When I bought my boat I was on my way to work when I spotted it for sale.I checked it out,along with a couple of other guys that also stopped.After talking to the guy,it was a race to see who could come up with the money first.

I went to a pay phone,called off work,then went to the bank.Paid the guy,went to a notery to get the title and plates transfered and hooked it up and towed it home.

Notice I never said where I called my wife and told her what I was up to ?

She found out when I pulled up in front of the house towing a boat.Sure she was mad for a few days,but she got over it.

I agree with Pat,it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Youu know how they use the ole "guess how much money I saved today" trick?? Have the guy list it for $6000 and then buy it for $4000. It'll look like a bargain. They like that.

PMG, priceless. And I also had my wife come home to a boat in the garage. I left the garage door closed so she would be "surprised".

It only hurts for a couple of days -- my advice NEVER ask for permission, and when it comes to your dreams NEVER ask for forgiveness.

david

I just have two bass boats but I call one of them "hers".

Da Bear

I'm sorry but, my wife had to understand when we got married that a Bass Boat is a necessity NOT a luxury;)!!!

Hey Bear...sounds like me and mine...SHE has HER Truck and I have MINE;)

Tee:

It's good to let them have their own stuff. Every wife should have "her" vehicle especially if it can alternate as a tow vehicle. You're a wise man Tee.

Da Bear

The last time I asked my wife if I could buy a new boat, I ended up driving to texas...

... to pick it up!

I really feel for you guys who have wife's that arent as excited about fishing as you are.

In talking about what she wants for christmas, she still undecided... does she want a new Jig rod or a new Senko rod?

I'm getting her both!

Hey, don't bother me none... I get a new rod and I'm splurgin on one of those new Diawa "air metal" reels too!

Da Bear,

I only get my truck on fishing weekends. Otherwise, I get teh car! It is pretty much her truck now!

Still my boat though :)

I use this theory when needed, but don't abuse it.

It is better to ask for forgiveness than ask her for permission!

It has worked on two truck and two boats in 6 years, lol

It is now covered on the back shelf for a while, or maybe until this spring anyway!

Latest posts

Back