Who is coming to Pittsburgh for the Classic ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Rizza

Reaction score
Just wondering who was coming to this strange little part of the world (you'll see when you get here):D..to see the Classic this year.

Who's working,who's watching????????

I'm looking forward to actually meeting some more site members in person.

I'll be bumming around down there the whole weekend.If anybody wants to meet up ,we can walk to the Strip District and get some good food and a few cold ones.

Steve

Wish I could Steve.. I had planned on visiting friends in Wheeling first but just can't drive that far now. Darn it..

Bill

If Greg makes the cut I will be up for practice and them probably come up for Sat and Sun?

Key word is proably.

BF

Hey Steve, My Grandson and I will be there along with a couple of friends from Indiana. We are going to be there for Saturday and Sunday. Later<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< Jack

It looks as though it is going to be really close for Greg to make the Classic. I was watching one of the ESPN shows this weekend and they were somewhat going over the list. I think he needs 1 or 2 more regular tour qualifiers to make it on the E50 list, so that he makes it in.

Tex

I'll be there with KeelShield... Look forward to seeing everyone!!

I will try to cooridinate a "business" trip that will have me there that week! LOL

Greg is first in line if some one double qualifies through the E50's, I have not looked at the points but with 1 event to go I hope he makes it.

BF

Since I live here, I will be there checking things out!

Rich D

These are the top 10 awaiting berths in the 2005 Classic.

28. Stacey D. King -- Mo. -- 1039

29. Jimmy Mize -- Ark. -- 1004

30. Luke Clausen -- Wash. -- 978

31. Greg Gutierrez -- Calif. -- 972

32. Mike Wurm -- Ark. -- 968

33. Takahiro Omori -- Texas -- 967

34. Bernie Schultz -- Fla. -- 963

35. Guy Eaker -- N.C. -- 959

36. Gary Yamamoto -- Texas -- 957

37. Scott Suggs -- Ark. -- 956

Given the people in the top 10 currently in E50's, Greg is probably pretty close to making it.

Tex

Current E50 Top 10 (asterik indicates prior qualification for Classic through Tour)

1. Kevin VanDam -- 865 *

2. Michael Iaconelli -- 864*

3. Davy Hite -- 805

4. Kevin Wirth -- 791 *

5. Aaron Martens -- 777 ** AOY & #1

6. Larry Nixon -- 774

7. Chad Morgenthaler -- 762

8. Gerald Swindle -- 756

9. Gary Klein -- 750

10. Zell Rowland -- 746

May be real close, if the standings don't change much.

Tex

What a motley crew.....:D

I'll be looking forward to meeting everybody..Hopefully the rivers don't get blown out from rain.It should be a good close battle.

BTW..I give the advantage to the west coast guys..

GO GUTZ !!!!!!

Steve

You guys are KILLIN' me!! :wacko: I will be in Wisconsin or I would be there in the company of the KeelShield crew. I WILL be in Florida in February though!!:p

TOXIC

Here's a few of my favorite pics of the 'Burg.

This is the point from atop Mount Washington. I can't wait to see all the boats haul a$$ up the rivers.

Untitled-1.jpg

Here's the point from river level at dusk.

big_dusk.jpg

Here's looking out over right field at Clemente Bridge, from behind home at PNC Park.A truly beautiful stadium (it's a shame we don't have a team to go with it).

PNC park.jpg

Steve

I thought they took the top 30 from the tour? Sure would be nice to see a home town boy like Greg make it, even if he does list CA for home.......

BF

Latest posts

Back