Where have all my good hats gone ? (REVISED)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Gross

Reaction score
I want ,no I need to know If it's only me or does everyone lose their hats .I try to remember that I'm wearing it every time I take off. But for some reason some times,I don't remember till it's to late! I think in the past year alone I 've donated (unwillingly) some ten hat's at the very least. The last one was the on that hert the most..it was my favorite,my Scales and Tales hat.Which is now at lock and dam # 4 . It was during a tournament and I was the co so I said nothing.I just calmly watched as it floated just atop the water.I amagined it slowly sinking to the bottom .Prehaps it landed on the head of some deserving carp or it may have made it to shore were it serves some other purpose of nature. Happy days...

Gross-

They do make little clip on 'lanyards' for hats...

I don't own any, but I've seen them in action...they do work! The lanyard keeps your hat from launching into the lake once it blows off your head!

az

I've got several BPS/Columbia hats with the clip on cords. Works great.

I'm probably jinxing myself, but I haven't lost a hat in quite a while. I ususally remember to either make sure it is cinched down, or take it off. I ride as a non-boater all the time in a bunch of single console boats, so it's something that I'm used to doing.

Tex

i had this nasty nitro hat wich became to gross ( no pun intended)to wear. it then became my back up hat. i received a espn outdoors/BASS hat wich fit quite nicly and it became my new lucky fishing hat.

it is now on the bottom on Highland lake in NH.

i am now back to wearing my very stained black nitro hat, i have decided that it will not be replaced because i am currently in the lead for angler of the yr in my club and i don'w want to jinx myself.

GregD

Put it on your throttle handle. I put mine on through the little hole in the back where the adjustment band is. That way, whenever I run, I don't lose it.

I shove my bill of the hat between the driver seat and the middle seat, that little gap has snough friction to hold it

I turn mine around backwards....it's the only time my son thinks I look cooool.

I have fished out a few too.

Harpo

Lost a new Yamamoto the first day I wore it. I do the same thing as Rob. I used to shove it under my vest, until my yammie took flight.

TOXIC

I can honestly say this...I have never lost a hat to a lake.

Now the next time I go out I will loose one durn it all.

T.S.

Hopefully some day I will be able to go fast enough that my hat will blow off.LOL

Gross, send me your address, I have all those hats you lost. Just kidding, LOL. but still send me your address I do have a new hat for you.

-Carl Meyer

Hey Mark...

Ask TJ if he has developed a "method" for keeping his hat on yet> We suggested staples but he wasn't too keen on that idea... And, I'm a little worried that we couldn't find industrial staples to "penetrate" (Air Force, ya know...pretty hard material...LOL)

Tox doesn't have a problem with hats...just glasses.

However, last Tuesday I "rescued" a brand new flashy (Red) Ranger hat from the waters of Lake Geneva...nobody was around... so if you'd like it sent up for a fitting I will oblige (just e-mail an address) and let you have a recycled Ranger Hat...LOL

A new hat isn't lucky until its been involuntarily dunked at least once!

Rich D

Latest posts

Back