What are jacknuts ????

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jacknuts are used to mount a trolling motor to the bow of your boat. The flat part acts as the vibration isolator with the long round part going down into the holes in your bow. The bolts then tighten the rubber and holds the whole thing down.

Mine failed at Lake Fork when I hit a stump knocking the whole trolling motor off to one side. I was in a cove I was not real happy to use my big motor to get out of. When I got home I removed the remnants of the jacknuts and bolted the trolling motor directly to the bow. I do hear a slight bit more motor noise but I know the next time I hit a stump the trolling motor will stay put--the bow may break off--but the motor will be attached.

Harpo
jacknuts.jpg

That's those little thingies Jack has? Oh now ...that was uncalled for! Sorry couldn't resist....bye.

OK I know this is gonna come up next, here is a Picture of our friend Tee Nut!!!
tee%20nut.bmp

Does it leave a Mark or a Mock??? LOL

Oh, I see so I should take care of my jack nuts to insure that they don't get ripped off, marked up, or severly damaged. lol. I see now, thank you all for the info, I'll make sure to take better care of my nuts.snicker,snicker.

Michael Gross

"Sheephead"

See sheephead.. I warned you... This is one of the oldest long running standing joke lines on this board... All from an innocent request for info on mounting a trolling motor

Well, I guess I walked right into that one. I see Sheephead and think it's a new member and try to give a liget answer and look what happens.

I CAN'T TAKE YOU KIDS ANYWHERE!!!

Reel me in.

Carpo

Yup Harpo... Reeled in, stuffed and mounted on walnut... Now what's a walnut.... Well you see a big daddy wall...

Jack nuts are like the insert portion of a molly bolt except for thin material like sheet alum/steel. I use them to attach accessories to my boat instead of using sheet metal screws. You can usually find them in the seciality fastener section (drawers) of your favorite hardware store.

Your not the only one who got reeled in soonerfan, They had me going at first but I soon realized were it was all heading. Much like the Titanic, it all goes down after awhile. lol. Thank God for that sense of humor, I can't stand those pollitically correct hippy's! ahahaha. after all boys will be boys. lol. good day and good luck.

Michael Gross

"sheephead"

I'm sorry, but I am forbidden from discussing the topic.

Back