update: voltage regulater

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firedog978

Reaction score
Ok all, any help would be appreciated. Please see previous post 'Voltage Regulater replacement.'

So, the new regulater was installed. I am still getting a reading @ the dash gauge of 18 at WOT. All my electronics are showing 10.7 - 12.8 draw. No fuses blowing(in-line or otherwise). I am thinking it's because of a short somewhere (perhaps under dash with gauge wires)? This spring I changed out a H2O Press. gauge and did do some splicing. All other gauges in dash are reading well. All other posibilities have been checked. I also used di-electric grease on all connections and batteries I could get to.

Am I on the right track with thinking 'short'? If so, I am looking at a couple hours of contortion laying under the dash going over every wire to every gauge.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

I assume you are saying 18 volts on your dash meter. If so, have you checked the battery voltage with a volt-ohm meter at WOT? It's always possible your dash meter is wrong.

Latest posts

Back