Trolling notor batteries

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Sutton2

Reaction score
What is the best trolling motor battery to use on my Nitro fish and ski 46 lb thrust motor guide. I do not want a glass mat or gel as I do not get out enough to justify the expense. I was thinking of Interstate but do not for sure what size or even if this is a good brand!!!!!

I still prefer AC delco Voyager deep cycle batteries, sealed, dont loose the water/acid.....my experience with Interstate batteries has not been good, I normally get 4-5 years from my Delco batteries...

you will have to find an AC Delco distributor to buy them....and I use group 27 batteries for the trolling motor system

Much debated issue, do a search on interstate here on the site and you will get a lot of opinions. I normally just go with the Wal-Mart Everstarts and they last 2-3 seasons of hard use. The last time I bought them I noticed the reserve capacity went down. Last weekend I went out to get new ones and decided to stop in a Batteries Plus store just to see what they had. For around 95 bucks each I got their store brand with higher reserve than the everstarts, they are made in Wisconsin so we'll see how they do.

TOXIC

Deka makes a good lead acid battery if you have room for it, not too expensive. I think it is a 31 series (big and heavy). Some local distriubutors will private label it, here in Mid TN it is marketed/sold as the Sportman battery by American Battery.

Latest posts

Back