trolling motor

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnie gilbert

Reaction score
I have a new tracker pro team 175 tf that I want to add a second battery to for the trolling motor as a back up.12 volt trolling motor. Any suggestion on location for battery since there is not enough room in the battery compartment. Thanks

Had a friend in mine put a 12/24 volt on his 2005, he used the storage compartment up front putting both trolling batteries there, it greatly reduced the distance which I think gave him stronger juice to the motor and didn't seem to have any effect on the boat getting up on plane or handling....another idea would be to use one of the boxes on each side to put the starting battery....I'm not to familiar with the newer models but don't think they have made any huge changes lately?? Good luck

It is very difficult to get wiring to one of the front compartments? I had even considered just putting a battery in one of the compartments, mount a 50 amp circuit breaker, use a flexible cord with male trolling volt plug and just plug into trolling motor outlet when other battery is weak.

All he did was rewire from trolling motor plug to batteries, had no problem and wiring was a lot shorter, he is using another battery charger for those batteries not the one that came with boat, still uses that for starter battery...Just disconnected stock wiring...

Trolling motor was not fused in panel, has it's own in line breaker....

Latest posts

Back