Trolling Motor Issues

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIM SHINN

Reaction score
I'm batting .000 for fishing tournaments. Last time was due to the weather. This time, the trolling motor(MotorGuide 67 lbs Thrust 24 volt) gave up before the end of the 2nd hour of fishing. I've tried everything except for taking it to a repair man to get it fixed. So far this is what I tried to fix it. First let me tell you what I did before I lost it completely. First thing in the morning, I kicked the trolling motor into high and it died. I lifted the motor, put it back down and I put the trolling motor into a lower setting. It worked. Later on about 7:45am I kicked it into high again and this time it stayed down. A few times before I went back to the ramp I hit the foot pedal switch and it turned on for a second and that was it. Here's what I did: 1 - checked all the fuses. They all look good. 2 - checked all the connections. 3 - took the switch off the pedal and put it back on - brand new switch ( less than a month old - still clicking). 4- Checked the battery connections. 5 - pulled the prop off to check for anything stuck - very little fishing line there to cause the problem. This is the only thing that I didn't do, and maybe I should have - cursed at it then kicked it! Would this have helped??? Anybody else have any suggestions before I take it to get it fixed?? HELPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

It sounds hosed to me. I had a similar problem and it was the armature had failed. This was on a 50# motorguide that was three days old. did the motor get really hot to the touch too?

Latest posts

Back