Triton sold to Platinum - will all fiberglass bass boats be built in N. Arkansas???

• Thread starter John Astrello [URL]http://www.bassfan.com/news_art
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Bassfan has a decent story and details of the sale of Triton Boats to Platinum. After reading it, it begs to ask the question:

'Will all fiberglass Bass Boats now be built in Arkansas and Missouri"?

And in and around Flippin/Mountain Home areas, it is really crowded with Manafacturers (by brand of course).

Tex
http://www.bassfan.com/news_article.asp?id=3686

LOT's of additional changes coming...especially if/when BASS is sold...rumors point to Jerry McKinnis and a partner buying BASS. Going to be a very interesting fall and spring show season!!:rolleyes:

When Platinum Equity took over they built a wing on the plant for Champ/Stratos. Triton will be joining them in that wing. That came straight from Triton. A friend is having some warranty work done on his Triton (they are actually building him a 2011 boat) and he was told his lifetime hull warranty is still good. They did try to charge him $5k for the upgrade, but since they no longer offer the model he has (21XD - Deep Water hull) he told them he is not paying. They said they would build him one anyway. Problem is that the deep water hull requires a long shaft motor....the new one wont. He will have to pay to get his current Opti changed over by a local shop. Same shop that works on my Merc.

So Ranger is bankrupt, Triton has been sold, Stratos went out of business....what brand is safe to buy? At some point, I am looking to upgrade to be able to fish as a boater. Possibly next year for the women's trail. Whatever I buy will be used but hopefully with warranty. Any make or model to stay away from? Are they all still honoring warranties?

Teri,...where are you getting THAT info?!...All 3 of those brands are still building and honoring all warranties...and all 3 are excellent boats. Buy a Nitro Z series...the Z8's are sweet!!

Well, above it says Triton is sold. I swear I read on here at some point recently Ranger went bankrupt and I remember people being mad last year about Stratos going out of business and taking their team boats back with very little notice.

I don't keep up on this stuff so sorry if I was wrong. I just fish, don't really care about what brand of boat. They are all fishable. Just wish my garage was bigger. :(

Teri, Platinum Equity bought Ranger, Champion and Stratos when Genmar went under. They are building boats....go buy one and then build a new pole barn for all your toys!!!!

Mini - "Teri, Platinum Equity bought Ranger, Champion and Stratos when Genmar went under. They are building boats....go buy one and then build a new pole barn for all your toys!!!!"

Don't TEMP her! She'll end up instead of a new boat/truck ever 6-12 months with one MORE boat or truck every 6-12 months!!! LOL

So I get bored easy, you all can bite my booty!

Teri you said a mouth full (Bite my booty)!!!!:lol::lol:

Get the Z8, they are sweet!!!!!!!!!

Randy!

Latest posts

Back