tried out my new SS prop!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greg hall

Reaction score
Put on my new SS 19P on my PT175 w/75 Merc. WOW what a difference in performance.I had a stock aluminum 21P before.The SS is about the same RPM a little more speed & the handling is WAY better did'nt exspect that,It now wants to turn when I want it to!It does have more gear whine from the SS prop,but I don't mind.Oh yeah the hole shot is way better too.

Good to hear Greg:) I stayed with a 21P but, went with a 13" diameter instead of a 12 3/4"(stock alum.)on my 90 and I was surprised also in how handling improved. For an 18 ft.rig...your not gonna' find any faster for jumpin' on plane and cornering response is amazing. I'm runnin' 5400 RPM's so I'm happy:) What diameter was that 19P?

TEE

Ithink its a 13 1/4",It was ordered from Cabela's it was one of their performance props,I was recomended it by Rich Boger.I wanted a good price + durability.

Rich is the man...Although he would have me using a 19P on my 90...which would have put me over on RPM's and which he did not agree. So I guess everybody gets them wrong once in a while;)

I got my good info from Mr.Stamper here at Stamper's Boat Barn here in Ohio:)

Also...Are you experiencing any "clutch dog rattle" at low RPM's?

Latest posts

Back