Trailor carpet

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Blankenship

Reaction score
What kind of carpet do I need to replace the carpet on my trailer bunks. Where is the best and cheapest place to buy it? Do y'all usually go ahead and replace the wood bunks too or just the carpet? First time having to replace carpet on trailer. Any help would be great. Kind of on a tight budget. What oz carpet do I need.

If you are on a tight budget just go get scraps from your local carpet place -- highest quality carpet scraps they'll give you. That said, you will have to watch them and replace more often as regular carpet will rot faster. Otherwise, just get the stuff shown in the Bass Pro or Cabela catalogs.

I JUST REPLACED ALL THE WOOD AND CARPET

LOWES HAD ALL THE LUMBER. AND CARPET.

CARPET WITH RUBBER BACK. NEW BOLTS

TOTAL AROUND 40.00 + - 5.00. NO BIG JOB.

:D

Ditto what wg66 said. I replaced mine (treated lumber and new carpet) used the rubber backed stuff at Lowes using galvanized lags and stainless steel staples and a T-50. This was in 2005 and it is still holding up like I did it yesterday.

I just did mine a couple of weeks ago, I found a 6x8 foot piece of indoor/outdoor carpet at Lowes for around $18. Used the stainless staples, some screws and left the whole underside open.

leaving the underside open makes the bunks last alot longer;)

Yes, sir....TEE's suggestion is very important. Making sure not to cover the whole bunk lets the water drain. I learned this the hard way.:angry:

You might also check Overtons.com. . . .I have seen trailer bunk carpet with widths from 4 to 24" (12 ft lengths). Prices started at $10 up to $30.

Latest posts

Back