Trackers Pollak Ignition Switch Defective Repair Kit..???..RECALL ALL!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike L.

Reaction score
Hey all!......I received in the mail today a notice from Pollak Switch Products that tells me my Tracker(PC175) has an ignition switch in it manufactured by them (between Aug'88 and Dec'01 ) (your silver key reads...Pollak, Boston,USA) that does not meet spec's. It may lead to shorts, sticking, starting or shut off failure, erratic performance or fire hazard.

They want me to acknowledge to them that I still own the boat, and they will send me a kit to correct the problem which they say takes 2 minutes by the boat owner to install.

I plan on calling them first thing tomorrow to get a 'kit'.

Has anyone received this mailing from Pollak??? This is something I haven't seen on the board and

I figured we should all know about..........Mike

Doesnt apply to me, but it is important enough to send back to the top.

Mini

Mike L. Have not recieved anything yet, but maybe you being in Jersey the mail from Boston is quicker then to Atlanta. Will check and keep my eye on the mail.

Trep - thanks Mini for popping this back up.

Hey Mike L - You trying to pull a "Pollak" joke? Just checked and my key (except for the actual thin key part) is covered in plastic and says Tracker. Does you key look different, i.e. not have the Tracker coated part??

Now THAT is a polish joke!!! Especialy to a person who is part Polish! I never even thought that was possible.

DUH, OK it wasen't easy but got it. Yes says Pollak Boston USA. Since my boat was bought 1/31/2000 figure i'm in the recall list. THANKS Mike L! I'll wait a week to see if my letter comes!

Just for that i'll do the nekid hot tub swim for you tonite and get you some warm weather!

By the way, how far are you from the TappanZ bridge? Gotta be up that way in Feb.

Mike L - From ATLANTA driving?? No, probably flying into Laguardia and taking a rental car. You north or south of the TapZ? I'll be going up to Somers, NY (about 20 minutes north of White Plains) for 2 days of management meetings. I'm gonna try to get into the City to see my cousin, but i'll e-mail you my plans when they get finalized and see if we can hook up for a beer.

Trep

Trep, I'm south of TapZ..Central Jersey outside of Freehold........

......I called Pollack Switch this morning about the ignition switch problem remedy kit they are offering.

They took my name, boat brand, year and model number and my name and address and said the kits

are shipping quickly and its easy to do.

...... I'll post about it when it arrives!........Mike

OK Mike, Know where Freehold is. I used to do business with Prudential and drove from Holmdel to Roseland each week. I'll let you know as it gets closer and we'll see if we can find something on the NJ south side of the bridge for a beer.

My key reads: 55 S Pollak Boston

For those of you who received the notice, does this key fit the description of the "problem" units?

Trep, when you going to be in NYC? I will be there early next month. Perhaps we can meet and have a few. I usually stay in midtown.

Rob - Meeting 1 hour north of the city Feb 4-5 may fly up on the 3rd early and stay till 6th.

Cool, we'll have to see as it gets closer. I will be making my arrangements next week. I usually fly into Laguardia too.

MOFish.....My notice says...silver key reading Pollak, Boston, USA ...and thats exactly what mine says...I'd say your lucky and have nothing to worry about!

From what I can gather, this is a Pollak service issue, not Tracker/BPS. Pollak is contacting affected boat owners and sending a repair kit. It will not go through your dealers. If you have a boat that fits into the service alert and have not been contacted yet, call Pollak at 866-485-2410

My keys are all "replacements"...So, how do I check? Any ideas?

Craig,

Thanks... It never ceases to amaze me... the quality of the "help" here is fantastic. Your continued presence here is a tremendous "feature".

Greg

Back