tracker tv 18

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom butler

Reaction score
can anyone tell me how the tv 18 runs with a 90,115 or bigger? looking to get one and don't want to be under powered, thanks

My 2001 TV-18 (dual console) with the Mercury XR6 150, fully loaded and carrying thee people, will run 52 mph on a normally warm day. The prop on it is the standard Black Max 3-blade aluminum 14x23. I'm sure it would run faster with a stainless 21 inch pitch, but I fish shallow rocky waters and would rather break the prop than the lower unit.

I have on 06 with a 115 OPTI and it runs 50 (speedo) with a 21 pitch stainless Lazer. Jumps out of the hole as quick as any boat I have seen or had. I weigh in at 240 and my partner isn't too far off! Yes, we usually have full livewells too, so add in that weight! LOL! Many other owners are amazed at the rig as a whole. You'd love it. There is also one in one of my circuits, like Mofish, that has a 150. Hardly any boat in the water when he's at WOT!!!!!!

Randy!

hey randy, how are you getting that much speed, is it the prop, the book calls for a lot less speed . have you got any other advise about this boat before i purchase

Tom it is as it was set up from the dealership. All I did was put a stainless 21p Lazer on it. Like I said that speed is by the speedo but it does jump up and go on a dime. I call it my little sports car!

The TV with the 150 now that screams. He has passed me and others so much and I have never seen any chine walk.

I don't like the new live well but the rest it is all good, especially the rain gutters on the lockers.

I also upgreaded the troller to a 74 MinnKota!

I think it is one of the best deales and boats there is for a guy who wants to fish local tourney, save some money and feel real comfortable doing it.

I get a lot of compliments from sparkle owners, DNR etc....

You'll love it.

Randy!

MO.....hitting anything underwater is covered by your insurance!! Even with an aluminum prop you could still bend a shaft...so you might as well upgrade to stainless and really get the most out of your 150hp!!:wub:;)

Clunn had a nice segment on the TV18 on BassPros last weekend. He said its his favorite boat to fish out of.

You dont NEED a 21' 250hp boat to compete. Some places (lakes) you are better of with it, but alomost all lakes are good woth a TV18.

I love fishing out of Marke's TV-18......very comfy and all the storage room you'd ever need. It is the ideal boat for most anywhere!!

I agree with the above. I fish the Oconee River and places just south of me with my best friend a good bit in his TV-18. It's an all around, go anywhere boat. Great ride, comfy. My favorite Tracker.

After graduation, Mac...after graduation.

You bet I'll be putting a stainless on my boat at some point, especially when I fish Lake of the Ozarks and a few other larger bodies of water. Right now I'm saving nickels to pay tuition and for something else that's been discussed on another thread.

They're tough boats too, which I learned after a semi-truck hit mine. I just wish Tracker hadn't discontinued the dual console option. It would encourage me to replace my poor old scratched and dented tin boat for a NEW one!

BTW, tom, speaking of 'underpowered'...spend some extra bucks to put a 24-volt, 80+lb thrust or greater, 72-inch shaft, variable speed trolling motor on that thing. The stock 52" 12-volt Motorguide is most definitely UNDERpowered. That's the ONE regret I have about the way I rigged my TV-18. You'll spend more time on the trolling motor than blitzkrieg-ing around the lake on your gas engine, so I promise the return-on-investment will be worth it.

I have a 2001 tv 18. I bought it with a 90 merc but had the opportunity to put a 150 merc carb motor on it. It ran good with a 23 tempest plus, but i tried several 4 blade props before I settled on a 25 trophy plus. The trophy took out the porposing and chine walk. It runs 56 mph gps, 2 people and gear. Installed blinker trim and hot foot. After 10 years the carpet was dry rotting and falling apart. I was able to purchase the exact color from tracker and recarpeted the entire boat last fall. It almost looks new.

Thanks,

Rico G.

I had a 2000 TV 18 with an 04 Opti 115 and 6" jack plate. Absolutely my favorite boat out of any that I have owned. Ran about 48 GPS and shot right out of the whole with a full tourny load.

If I ever have the chance to buy another, and it has a 150hp, I'm JUMPING at the chance.

I love fishing out of Marke's TV-18......very comfy and all the storage room you'd ever need. It is the ideal boat for most anywhere!!

I had to laugh when I read this because it brought to mind the night we all jumped in Marke's boat (after many adult beverages) and went fishing. There were so many lard butts in it we had about 1 inch of boat left before it went underwater. That was the night we crowned CIII the GOOGLE EYE KING!!:eek::lol::lol:

Now before anyone gets all PFD and Killswitch happy on me....It was the lake at Kens house and we were the only ones on it and we couldn't get the boat on plane if we had to...:p

:p:lol::lol::lol:

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back