TRACKER bilked out of $850,000.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Posted on 29 February 2012

The owners of a trucking company in Lebanon, Mo., and one other person were indicted this week by a federal grand jury in connection with their alleged roles in a conspiracy to defraud Tracker Marine, a Springfield, Mo.-based manufacturer of boats and trailers, Beth Phillips, U.S. attorney for the Western District of Missouri, announced.

James Keith Ivey, 51, his wife, Melinda Kay Ivey, 42, and Paul Ray Hunting, 39, were charged in a 24-count indictment returned by a federal grand jury in Springfield.

The indictment alleges that the three co-defendants devised a scheme to defraud Tracker Marine from January 2006 to April 2009 by inflating purchase orders and shipping invoices. During that time, the Iveys and Hunting allegedly caused more than 2,550 fraudulent invoices to be submitted to Tracker, creating a total loss of more than $850,000 to the boatbuilder.

The Iveys owned and operated J&M Trucking Inc. Tracker contracted with J&M to transport boats and trailers to Tracker

Too much of this goes on these days...they just got caught:(

In any big business a major portion of the business is in contracts and contracting. Currently, when I'm not closing banks, I am a warranted contracting officer for Uncle Sugar (aka FDIC). I spend MILLIONS of the corporation's money and control more of the cashflow than any other exec. Anytime you read about big dollar fraud in government or the private sector, you can bet someone in contracting is involved. That's why they put un-corruptible upstanding, trusted, loyal employees like me in those positions:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Actually, I don't really want to be in this area because when I came back from Florida, I wanted LESS responsibility not MORE!!:lol::p Problem is that employees of my caliber are hard to find!!:D:D:D:D

TOXIC

"they put un-corruptible upstanding, trusted, loyal employees like me in those positions":

Dude!!!..PLEASE!!!! I've seen firsthand how low you'll stoop to get your hands on a 6lb st.clair toad and it's NOT pretty!! :rolleyes::blink:

:rolleyes:

Well I'll disagree about the contracting part. Here at WP a few years back the guv was bilked out of about $900K...and it was two military personel.:huh:

As the saying goes, "If there's a will, there's a way". We are seeing more and more of this in the small town I live in and surrounding small towns.

What were their Jobs TEE? It's hard to get to the $$ without contracting AND either finance or upper Officers involved. Gotta sidestep the checks and balances!!

There was just an article in the Wash Post about an Army scam that was a connection between 2 companies, 1 prime and 1 MWOB coagulated by a contracting officer and his boss, that bilked Uncle Sam/DOD out of 3 Million.

TOXIC

Beyond jail and fines, these people's faces should be on the cover of every major fishing magazine for shame.

I have always said if you are a honest.. polication and you are elected and serve you first term and you are still honest you will not be relected.

Doesn't anyone want to work for an honest living? Everyone wants a goverment check or to screw or sue someone or something instead of working.

fatrap:(

Id say thats pretty much the truth Fatrap.... The greed of some people just amazes me, the stupidity that comes with that greed amazes me even more.

Dude!!!..PLEASE!!!! I've seen firsthand how low you'll stoop to get your hands on a 6lb st.clair toad and it's NOT pretty!!

:lol::lol::lol: All I can say is that some things are worth it!!:D

TOXIC

Contracting and military do NOT go together Tox....

They just made up fake invoices;)

And you sure don't have to tell me about Contracts and the Feds...one hand feeds the other:wacko:

These criminals usually end up getting caught because they are too stupid to realize that they are not in fact smarter than everyone else.

That's the kind of thing that impacts all of us who are Tracker Marine customers.

It's also really tough to stop that kind of fraud when an insider in a decision making position is working with an outside vendor.

Now for some happy facts relative to this case: The DOJ has a 95% conviction rate. With the nature of this crime, a long paper and money trail that is difficult if not impossible to cover, I'd say the odds of convictions are more like 99%.

There are all kinds of federal sentencing guidelines that will determine the sentence, but given the length of time they did this, the amounts involved, the tax fraud as a secondary offense, I'd wager all of these folks are going to be spending considerable time in a federal penentiary.

un-corruptible upstanding, trusted, loyal employees like me

Seriously!!! I've seen you smash a skeeter on the toilet with your hairy ars and leave it there for days!!! THAT is not upstanding!!!

:lol::lol::lol: begs the question of just how you know my ars is hairy!!:lol::lol: And it was on the sink not the turlet!! I told you it was to warn his friends to stay away (kept me up 1/2 the night buzzing around my head). I would have wiped it up but I didn't dare because of all yer b!thcin about no TP!!:lol::lol::lol: We were all singin the "every square is sacred" song!! :p

TOXIC

UPDATE

Paul Ray Hunting, a former Tracker Marine employee, pleaded guilty before U.S. Magistrate Judge James England to three charges in a Feb. 28 indictment for his role in a scheme that defrauded his employer of more than $850,000. He faces up to 26 yrs in prison.:eek:

What a shame.... Some people put a value on their freedom waaaay too low. They deserve the punishment they get for such a betrayal of trust. :(

Latest posts

Back