Tracker 185

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie Keefe

Reaction score
The brace bar that was under the lid of my rod storage box fell off. Is there a way to re-attach it other than welding or rivets through the carpet? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Isn't your boat just a 2000 model?

If so, that should be a warranty item.

That's a BAD design for sure! I took and reinforced mine with 1/4" aluminum under the lid and riveted it. You won't notice the rivets and just dab you some silicone on the underside the rivet and you'll be fine. They definitely need MORE SUPPORT...

TEE

Scott - Warranty on my 2000 was 1 year for everything BUT the hull which is a 5 year warranty. So after 1 year everything is techincaly out of warranty. I believe that is still Tracker's warranty today.

Now that doesn't mean he can't talk to the Dealer and see if they/Tracker will try to cover it. I know that Texas Transplant had a livewell problem fixed out of warranty by Tracker. But it is not part of the warranty as stated.

It's a '99 model. Warranty is out of the question. I know a guy with an aluminum welder, so I guess I'll have to pay him a visit. Thanks for the help.

Don't weld it! It'll definitely ruin your carpet from heat...go with some extra support.

TEE

Elk...I cut a 1/4" piece out in the center on a band saw to fit around the support that was already there and about 4" less than the size of the lid. I thought about it long and hard and could not see another way except maybe replacing the whole lid...and trust me once it's riveted...you'll never notice it. I just made a small punch (hollow) about 3/16" in diameter to remove the carpet so the pilot drill would not wind up the carpet. You'll have to use heavy duty rivets on the 4 corners and 2 in the center and I can jump on mine.

TEE

Latest posts

Back