Tracker 175 and Props!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Kling

Reaction score
Looking to get a couple more mph out of my tracker 175PT. I have a 60 HP Mercury 4 stroke EFI. Currently turning an aluminum prop with the numbers 77342A45P15 Mercury on it. I know its a 15 pitch, but don't see the diameter in the number. Should I go to stainless steel prop?

I am currently getting 34mph and would like to see a couple more mph. I know guys with similar boats running 60HP and getting (apparently) 40mph+. I wanna be that cool!

Anyway - any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

You should actually have a 14" pitch prop. The speed is about there.....40 is way out of reach. Sorry.

Thanks for the reply Bob!! So I'm currently running a 15 pitch prop, at 6000 rpm (max rpm) and getting 34mph. If this is where i'm supposed to be at, what is the 14 pitch prop going to do for me?

IF your tach is accurate, leave it alone. A S/S prop will not noticeably give you any more MPH....save your money and buy a 15" SPITFIRE.......

Bob -

Thanks for your quick responses and help!!!

Will the spitfire give me a little better performace? Which model number Spitfire?

They are designed to give you a MUCH better hole-shot without the loss of {very} little top end. Stay with a 15" pitch. Members get a 10% discount.......e-mail [email protected] for the latest prices. ;)

Latest posts

Back