Too much this time

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamar Gilbert

Reaction score
When mother nature strikes....look out. We had 10" more snow topped off by a few hours of rain. Results = too much weight. I have been using this canopy for eight years without problems.

Minor damage, just lucky. Anyone know where I can get a windshield for an '02 PT-185SE?

0206111145.jpg

That sux Lamar. I bought a Cover-it shelter for my boat in 2000 and it lasted 10 years. It started getting pinholes. Cover-it shelters were bought by ShelterLogic a few years ago. This past summer I bought a replacement cover and should be good for another 10 years, unless a tree falls on it. Mine is 14.5oz (ten year warranty) with a regular peak and snow slides off on its own. They are offered is 9oz and 21.5oz. The 9oz ones don't hold up very well in the north country, but are the basic ones that can be ordered at retail stores. If you're looking for a replacement, I recommend the 14.5oz or 21.5oz covers.

When your mother or your wife are giving you a beating, you have to man up and take it. However, when Mother Nature comes after you, you man up and fight back. Clean your canopy like your drive and the snow doesn't pile up.

She got you this time.

I have a Clearspan shelter. A tree did fall on it. Fortunately it was only a 6-8" diameter limb about 20' long and it was a glancing blow off the gable end. Didn't tear through the cover. Just bent the heck out of the arch on the gable end.

Not that it matters now, but if you get a new one spray it with WD-40 I have had one for about 6 years now and the snow doesn't build up, last year in VA we have the snow mageddin, about 4 feet at my house, there are 6 metal carports in the neighborhood around me, mine was the only one that survived and it's not metal!! I spray it each fall.

My father has a cover-it that did the same thing as Lamar's did. The metal frame just buckled under the weight of wet snow. I hade been cleaning it off too. I guess after 12 years or so the frame just go weak to the point it just broke.

lamar,

Good thing you don't need a windshield to catch all those fish....

Glad to hear there wasn't much damage.

GregD

Lamar - sorry to hear about this. Let's hope that winter comes to an end real soon. Bill, the MadKayaker

Let's get'r fixed up before the spring thaw! Glad you got it down and shrink wrapped before the next storm.

Time for a metal roof carport!

Dang Lamar!! Sorry for the luck. :( Hope you're fixed up and starting the yearly bass count soon! ;)

HArd to look at....My ranger is in the driveway with the factory cover on it and I clean it off more than I do my driveway!

But there is a ton of snow on it now. I am worried that it has stretched.

Latest posts

Back