Throttle cable pinching at motor

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clark Hansen

Reaction score
2000 Nitro 205 Sport w/150 XR6 Merc. When the motor is tilted, the throttle cable bends about 45 degrees pressing against the drainage cut out. This July when I purchased it, it showed some wear but this weekend it broke. Should there be a boot on the front of the motor to guide the lines/cables starboard?? When the motor is has the transome support installed, there is only 3 inches clearance. This seems to be an extremely sharp turn back into the motor or if the lines have enough slack to loop over the aft deck they still have to make a sharp turn back up into the motor. When the boat is at home, I remove the transome support and let the motor down to relieve stress.

Thanks in advance,

Clark

Best I can do tonight. Not sure if I attached the pics right.
XR6 Pinch cables 2.JPG
XR6 Pinch cables 3.JPG

The pics in your member library are fine. The one above is a little big. :cool:

Interested in replies. The cables on my XR6 come in on more of side-to-side angle that yours, which appear to go straight up to the motor. I'll post a pic if I can find a good one.

Thanks for the response. The pictures/tilt are when the transom support in place. I'll look at adjusting the transom support to shorter length.

Latest posts

Back