The Empty Chairs

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Remember this Christmas, while you are eating your dinner and laughing, that in many other houses there is an empty chair where a hero should be sitting. They gave their life so that you can sit with your family. So light a candle this Christmas for our fallen heroes that did not make it back and for those still serving in Iraq, Afghanistan, or elsewhere. I also posted this on FB, and encorage you to do the same...

Another AMEN!

Couple of local teens lost their lives yesturday morning due to icy roads....alot of sad and unhappy families this year. I just read over at "another" site all the families that are being torn apart and put to the test!

Just remember what it's all about and give somebody a hug today and tell them you love them;)

Well said fellows. We all get caught up in our own world. There is plenty of hurting people, who can use as little as a kind word.

Bubby:(

My next door neighbor is off for his 2nd year long tour. I know his seat will be empty and his 11 year old daughter and wife will miss him dearly during Christmas dinner. We need to recognize people who give and risk their lives for us.

....and not just during the holiday's,...but EVERYTIME you see one in uniform....a simple "thank you" goes a loooooong way!!;)

My family and particularly my boys are raised to know that our service folk hold our deepest gratitude. We pray for them daily over grace at dinner and hold them and their families close during the Holy season. God Bless our troops.

Just got a call from a guy that I work with, we do a lot of hanging out at my place since he lives in Orlando and stays with his oldest son in St Augustine during the week, that his youngest son who is deployed and is a gunner on a Humvee got hit with a mortar. He was just back 2 weeks ago for the birth of his daughter and went back. Luckily he didn't take any shrapnel but was out for a long time so they airlifted him to a Hungarian run hospital. He is taking tests daily and has to score a certain level to get released. He wants back up on that gun!! He is no friend of Haji.

TOXIC

Deployments suck...no matter what. This time of year is tough for sure, especially for the tip of the spear now. It used to be a break, slow down, truce during the holidays but as the assbag bad guys have no repsect for anything, that is not the case anymore. My hats are off to them, as they will have turkey and all the fixings, then head out on patrol, medevac etc.

Mac, as usual, well said.

Carlos

Very nice Greg! Every night at the dinner table Nancy and I always say a prayer for our sons and daughters who are far away serving our Country.. On Christmas day we traditionally have two really good friends, who are also combat veterans, and their families for late afternoon visiting and then dinner. We ALL say a prayer for our friends whom we had to leave behind and who's names are now on the Wall in Washington,D,C. and another prayer for our people overseas now! I would love for all of those kids to come home right now but can only hope and pray until it's the time for them to return that our prayers are listened to and brings those kids shelter and hope!

God Bless All of our young Men and Women who are doing their duty!

Uncle Billy

Ditto Uncle Billy. Years ago in a land far far away, our Uncle Sam sent me on an all expense trip to Europe. My fisrst Christmas away from home I had a CWO W4, a WW2 veteran, who invited all the first year people into his home with his wife and two boys. It is one of my favorites. I always say a short prayer for CWO W4 Joseph J Wozniak at this time of year.

Latest posts

Back