TGIF! What does everyone have on their to-do list this weekend?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Great Friday to everyone. Cold front came through Texas Wednesday night, so we have milder temps. Unfortunately, it came through 'dry' so our drought continues.

There is a GrapeFest in Grapevine this weekend.

An OktoberFest in Addison also (no one can seem to figure out why it's in mid-September as opposed to October!). Lot's of beer, sausage and polka music.

No fishing this weekend for me, but I think we are going to visit one or both of the Festivals and have a cold drink or two along with some good food. Sausage on a stick and a cold beer or two!

I saw on FB that Trepper started the weekend with a cold beer on his ride home (what a cushy life he has) - provided by his driver and was headed to Eli's next 'band gig'!

Have a great weekend everyone. Keep it between the lines and be safe!

Tex

Wife and I are headed to the big Antique/Flea Market Extravaganza Saturday at the Clark Co. Fairgrounds. We do some serious walking cuz it's so big and usually find alot of interesting things.

I've been collecting art glass paperweights for a few years and getting up a pretty good collection with some that are worth a few $;)

feels great here in Texas after a record breaking 50+ days of over a 100 degrees :). And yes Tex we NEED rain bad. no fishing for me this weekend either.

Fishing Lake Murray both days. Last weekend I caught a 5 and a 7 and am looking forward to repeating.

Cuttin' wood....son's soccer game.......dinner with Wifey.......cuttin wood.......softball double header Sunday...the start of Fall Ball...!! :cool:

We are expecting the first frost of the season in the am. Will probably hit our favorite smallmouth pond when it warms a bit. Mama and I have not made the 4lb mark this summer. We tied with a 4-13 each last year.

Everyone enjoy the weekend.

No fishing for me either unless i get lucky and can squeak in a trip on Sunday morning.

I have to close and cover the pool, mow the lawn and like Bob i will be cutting wood too but for a different reason. Im building a new 12x16' shed to put my tractor and other outdoor stuff in. So i will be cutting and nailing wood for a good portion of the weekend.

Teaching the wife to run the boat on the lake and on/off trailer.

That is easier than teaching her to back the trailer down.

cq:D

CQ - I did that several years ago. She does very well now, and I got a few stares and blank expressions when they saw her 'power load' my Stratos on the trailer with one attempt. Most of the guys watching just assumed she didn't know how to do it.

The only problem that I had was early on when she was learning when she though it was a better idea to put the boat on in one try - at 25mph! I was hollering/screaming/getting out of the way. Fortunately, she shut it down in time and no damage was done. Scared the crap out of me! That and the other thing that took some time for her to understand was teh simple physics of coming out of the water/onto the trailer and the prop coming up/out of the water. Several times, she was scared to death that she was going to 'launch' into the back of the truck.

Good luck!

Tex

My wife's brother-in-law passed away yesterday. He was sent home from the hospital with Hospice. He passed away with his family by his side at home.:(

Barry from La.

My wife is the trailer jock. She backs in for launch and load. She does awesome.

I am hoping to get a list of rod building goodies from Texas Transplant :p

Today was my day off, I aerated, reseeded, fertilized, and water the yard. Now I have to go help with our garage sale. Chris F.

Catch some fish and watch some ball. Great Southern weekend coming up.

Barry - very sorry to hear about your loss. My sincerest condolences.

I'll be studyin' and watchin' the Volunteers on tv. Hopin' the nephew shows up to practice his culinary expertise!

An OktoberFest in Addison also (no one can seem to figure out why it's in mid-September as opposed to October!)

Oktoberfest in Germany this year is September 17 - October 3. Next year it's September 22 - October 7. :) It's always late September to early October.

I'm finishing college homework, setting up a Quad-Pod stand at my hunting spot, re-filling feeders, re-filling watering stations, checking game cameras, and shooting my bow. Hunting season is two weeks away!

All the best,

Glenn

I left for the lake thursday night 6pm. Got to the lake at 9pm. I left the lake friday night at 9pm (24 hours) Just me and my New baby. I can't wait to go again.

Time to coat the boat with another coat of Collinite #925 before heading to Jordan. Two rods are FUBAR so need to work on 'em and, oh yeah, need to install the PDT_WSU and the SSC-2 on trolling motor. Good God, life is great in the USA. (in spite of Obama).

Rod Building items are still in the boxes in the garage. I got a mild case of food poisoning this weekend that kept me 'down' most of the time.

Tex

Spent the weekend on Jennings Randolph Lake in WV and crossed a lot of smallies eyes with my favorite spinner bait. It was cool, windy, and overcast all weekend and the water at 67-70 degrees. The bass were chasing shad and minnows and really hammering the spinner baits! Got to spend some good quality time with my dad.

Scott

I'm a little late on this but I had the weekend on Falcon. Tough job but someones got to do it.

No worries Tex...no snow yet anyway:lol:

Latest posts

Back