Tastes Great or Less Filling

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Neeley

Reaction score
Ok, I've sat idly by long enough...on with some serious issues worthy of debate...

I say MILLER STINKS!!!

Bring me a Corona...

First of all, it's MILLER LITE. Second, I still think it's a breakthrough product that gets more people liking beer than otherwise would. I don't know if I can be part of an administration that rejects a beer that is so fond in my memory. [sniff] [dab] [sniff] What's the name of that senator from Vermont who changed parties last year?

After all, it's not like Corona is a great tasting beer.

[ducking and running]

Let's say it LOUDER!

AM-BER BOCK!

AM-BER BOCK!!

AM-BER BOCK!!!!!

Alright Rich, you win...your persuasive argument (not to mention the blubbering and crying) has persuaded me to reconsider my position.

All who enjoy Miller Lite, whether due to Great Taste or the fact that it may be considered Less Filling, are welcome to enjoy it while a part of my administration.

The Ken/Mac administration WILL NOT allow one's personal choice of libation to interfere in any way with the workings of our administration.

Okay, so the debate about light beer is over. Let's have one about DARK beer!!

AM-BER BOCK!!

:^)!!!

I'm with you Ken. no Miller here, sorry Rich, and the senator was Jim Jeffords! Sorry Mo, no dark beer here. It no like me! I am a big Coor's light guy!

I grew up in Colorado on Curs and Curs Light, Rob.

But now I like a beer that is a wee bit more than Rocky Mountain sping water. LOL!!!

(chanting, and marching like a John Phillips Sousa Band drum major, as he leaves this thread . . . _

AM - BER BOCK!!!!

AM - BER BOCK!!!!

AM - BER BOCK!!!!

Coors Light! Rob! Come on. I take back what I said about respecting the loyal opposition. :)

Seriously, I went through a long period (and quite a few beers) where I thought Coors Light was as good as Miller Lite. But I have recently changed my mind. I think I was the victim of good packaging. That silver bullet thing had me convinced that Coors Light was as good as Miller Light. I'm over it now.

MO, if we're gonna talk dark beers, we have to talk Becks.

Yeah maybe,

but I got stuff to blow that away..

you know what I mean Ken

one for you, two for me... (how to count narcotics)

lol

OK you guys have insulted my pride! That means death by lime! LOL I will not cry.....I won't (sniff), Nope not me! FINE go drink your fancy schmancy beers! I sit here with my COOR'S ALL BY MYSELF! SIMCDMCLA!!!! whimper!

Before more ugly rumors get started...let it be known that DrugMan is a pharmacist...not the new administrations official pusher!!!

Was wondering there for a minute. Had my suspicions both ways. Is there really a difference? LOL Sorry Drugman, I have phriends in the pharmin business. Almost converted myself about a month back but stayed in transit sales.

Ahhhh...I liked him (Drugman) better when I thought he stood in the cold and filled prescritions "of choice"...That way I figured I had a chance to know a really wealthy man!

Now, I've always had some problems with "stuff" from "south of the border" NAFTA and all that, notwithstanding, "Buy American"...Sam Adams...that's real beer. I'm no shameless syncophat...just cuz it's the prez's beer..it ain't mine...
http://www.nsbass.com

Thinking back on this past weekend, I believe I left 5 or 6 Miller Lite bottles in Ken's refrigerator. I'm willing to bet those beers will be consumed. Hence, the best beer is...........

FREE BEER!!!

Unless, of course, you reside in the great state of Texas where you can purchase Lone Star or Shiner Bock.

Whew!!!....With Ken & Mac being the local experts on crack, Ken the libation expert and now Drugman counting narcotics I was starting to really wonder about whats really going on and if I was that naive and just didn't know the lingo.

Thanks Ken for clearing up things.

Cass :)

All I hear is Homer Simpson . . . .

MMMMmmmmmm......BEEEeeeeeeeeerr

Rich, come to St. Louis and let me introduce you to a whole HOST of dark beers. Growler's Pub has about 130 different beers we can sample.

See? There's room for everybody to get what they like!

OK FINE......exactly WHAT kind of beer should I try to get best pricing for at the rally, and NO Adam it's not FREE! Unless of course you're buying?

Mo...St. Louis...kewl...My "home" was Quincy, IL...I "hate" the Cardinals...love the Cubs...never did get used to Harry...did love the way he could sing...And, that man was an EXPERT on beer!!!! Or at least the lingering effects of beer...

130....figuring I can do 20-25 per day...a week should be long enough...BTW...have you fished Mark Twain Lake (ever) lately...won my first Bass Tourney there in '92.

Rob: Black Label. Or, Generic white label. Here in St. Louis we have "Dirt Cheep Beer". MMMmmm, mmmmm, Gooooood.

Greg: My grandpa was a Cubbie until the day he died. Grew up in Colorado before the Rockies and the Avalanche. Moved to St. Louis after the football Cardinals moved to Arizona and before the Rams came to town. Lived in Nebraska when the Broncos were on top and the Huskers were just beginning to lose all their clutch games. My timing really stinks.

Never fished Mark Twain, but I've seen it. Would love to try it sometime. Are there any crappies in there?

Anyone got an ice pack for this bump on the top of my head???? Scott just dropped a big hint on it!!

We can work out our summer fishing schedule while were down at The Ranch, Little Dog.

Yes Adam, consumption is imminent, as soon as I run out of the good stuff.

There ya go! Dr. Pepper is dark enough right? See that wisdon "shining" through! LOL SIMCLMJN&BHO! What a day! Well said MO. But let the record show, I'm not as confident as I often appear. I am alway open to new ideas, just need proof and good cause! Happy Easter all. Pleae take time to remember the reason, if you're christian that is.

Scott...are you "close" to Mark Twain ? I haven't fished it for about 7 or 8 years...Back then, in mid April good numbers of crappies, but all 8-9 inches...

And, since my "health engineer" has informed me I am now officially a "diabetic"...it's one beer, maybe, and Diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Sieera Mist...the rest of the time. Age may be a state of mind; but, it sometimes is a "reality"...

oops got caught replying to tow posts at once! LOL Can't take it anymore, I need a beer, a Coor's light beer! LOL

Geez Rob, get with the program. You gotta be organized to be my Chief of Staff!!!

That's okay, Rob. I just realized that Scott's Dr. Pepper remark was in response to your 13:53 post. I also realized that the bump on my head is from me ROTHFLMJNABHO!!!!!!!!!! from some of the other threads today

You can have a Coor's Light. Just don't go floating away!

Greg -

I'm just outside St. Louis - "close enough" to Mark Twain. Crappie are usually plentiful - but not often large.....

I'm 52 and have been a diabetic since I was 10.

me!

Out of all that hot air....Lamar emerges as the most sensible one....

Mini

Well Scott...maybe I should bring my boat down to Quincy sometime "soon" and have you and Mo meet me at the ramp...Some of those plentifull crappie fall into the "taste great" category...

Well Scott...maybe I should bring my boat down to Quincy sometime "soon" and have you and Mo meet me at the ramp...Some of those plentiful crappie fall into the "taste great" category...

That would work for me! How about you, Mark? Ready to book another weekend?

Heeeeeeyyyyyyy......get off my boy Rusty #2! He had to change over from MGD to Lite, gaining too much weight I guess,har!!!!

AS for me and at the risk of getting run out of here, I'll stick with good ol' BUD (anyway, what's up with a beer you gotta add something to ta make it drinkable? No offense guys but I just don't get it!)

Tom

You know Tom...that "adding stuff" kinda "fruity"...hmmmm...another rumor.... Besides, I always get my thumb stuck when I try to push that lime wedge down the neck...dangerous beer I don't need.

Gotta admit the lime makes it passable beer, but if'n ya run outta limes ya gotta quit drinkin'....too bad!

Tom

I got the entire month at this point.....

Come down around the middle for a coupla-three days..... We can spend one day up on Mark Twain fishin' for crappie then head down to the Current River the next day for a canoe trip and trout!

How about it, Mark?

Let's look at the weekend of the 18th...say I come down Thursday so we can fish Fri, Sat, Sun, or your and Mark's picks...I can usually do a Thurs through Monday...

Let's see how that might fit Mark's schedule - or should I say Rachel's schedule FOR Mark! :^)

me!

Hold on a second Cass,...Neeley and I never claimed to be EXPERTS regarding Crack,.....we just know that we're BETTER than Crack.......just like a good ol' Jack and Coke is is BETTER than a pint of Cod Liver Oil,..LOL

Don't put words OR Crack on our mouths!! LOLOL

Mac

Neeley and Mac,..We're BETTER than Crack!!!!!

$#@%@#@@#..I meant,...NOT EXPERTS on Crack!!!,jeeez,...did somebody slip me some??!!! LOL

I'm outa here,...leavin' on a Jet plain at 6;10am for VA,..goin' down to spend 3 days with my brother,...yankin' toads outa his farmpond lake in his back yard....he got a 9lbr out of there last weekend!!! Talk to ya'll on monday or so....adios sports fans....3;30am gets here awful early!!

Mac

WAIT A MINUTE! WAIT A MINUTE! WAIT A MINUTE! You men and your sissy beers! (Or as John calls them "fu-fu" beers.) Give me a good old fashioned GUINNESS, Pete's Wicked Ale, or even a Samuel Adams. And, Trepman, as soon as we can make it your way, I am so there for that beer you offered.

ken, I'm mailing the skullsplitter tommorrow. No more sissy beers. this one packs a punch at 8.9%. I packing in a few light pale ales at 4.5% but I fear that they might be a tad heavy for some. I'll include a bottle of dry blush wine that I made if you like that style. If you were in NH I'd tell you to load up on "The Shipyards" winter ale 12pack at 4.99 or the SA Winter Lagers at 6.99 a 12pack. I cant understand why someone would pay 5.99 at 6pk to put a lime into tainted mexican water.

"Tainted Mexican water..."; spoken by a "real" beer drinker...Man do I agree with that...Go Dave!!!

OK john you know i'm with you! Here's my top 5 available in bottle/can:

#1 is from VA - Tupper's Hop Pocket Ale (only available on the east coast right now), the best/most flavorful India Pale ale i've ever had.

#2, 3, 4 and 5 are from CA - Sierra Nevada Stout and Pale Ale, and Anchor Liberty Ale and Porter.

I forgot to add:

Favorite Light Beer (when i'm FORCED to drink it) - Amstel Light.

Favorite Domestic Beer in a Can - Coors!

Beka's Favorite Domestic Beer in a Can - Michelob!

Favorite Domestic Beer in a bottle - Shiner Bock.

Today, a six pack of beer in our house will last 1 year or more but in my younger days when I was stationed in what was still called West Germany I did have the pleasure of tasting some of the finest beer in the world. Without a doubt these people know how to make some of the finest beer in the world.

My favorite German beer is most of the Pilsners and all of the Hefe Weizen crystal types.

Cass :)

So what is it? German beer! Herrnbraeu (white beer)

Greg and Scott:

I've got a commitment the weekend of May 18th, as of right now. It's commencement for the graduates where I work, and I have to "walk" with the faculty. If I can get out of it and get up to Mark Twain, I'll let you both know through a post or via email.

Finding time to go fishing after this month is going to get tough. I'm going to be traveling for business three out of every four weeks during then forseeable future.

MO

P.S. CC, if we're talking German brews, then my vote is for G

MoFish...Scott...

Let's keep trying to get something worked out...And, that graduation ceremony can't last three days...Try my e-mail [email protected] and get me yours.

MoFish...Scott...

Let's keep trying to get something worked out...And, that graduation ceremony can't last three days...Try my e-mail [email protected] and get me yours.

MoFish...Scott...

Greg (and Scott):

Its not just a graduation (Saturday), its also my niece's 2nd birthday party (photo in my library) on Sunday. "Unca Boat" will be in deep doo-doo if he is gone for that!

I'm working on my travel calendar this week, and have to sit down with the missuz to choose the dates I can be out on business or out fishing, and the dates when I HAVE to be in town. As soon as that calendar is set, I'll let you know the dates when I could go fishing.

MO

Latest posts

Back