Takes a Democrat to do the Job everytime time checki History

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JR F

Reaction score
What a waste of time to vote for a Republican or Tea Party Jokes..Now Lets hear it..I was a Republican until they started taking away from Planned Parenthood.....Rich did I step over the line again...JR P.S. I am on Medicare and Soc.Sec. What a waste of good american time...Daniels Is the worst thing thats has happend to Indiana...JR:(

I no this Is not the site for this but some Ladies need Planned Parent hood for help..As usual the Govt.has to get Into It...Indiana Is a JOKE STATE..Check It out for yourselfs...I hate Indiana..... Now I am getting ready to get a new Crestliner boat..From a 50,000 Ranger to tin...Please Forgive me..HEE hEE:eek:

I would trade Indiana for Illinois any day of the week. As far as Planned Parenthood... don't want kids don't have sex....got a kid on the way?...and don't want it, put it up for adoption. My oldest is adopted, great kid - high honors, plays football and baseball in high school. Abortion is not the answer but PP acts like is is option one, two and three.

I agree jeff with the abortion part,stop funding that,But the health and teaching part they should still fund...You guys have some crazy taxes in Ill, but I think this county has it beat...We have created a tax on a tax beat that one...Excise tax on vehicles,wheel tax on vehicles or anything whith a wheel,personal prop tax,sales tax,county option tax,food beverage tax, school tax. I think we should have flooded indiana ( then we would have some good fishing water) and save memphis. Well I am done ranting for today have to wait and see what tax they come up with next week....

Planned parenthood is a good thing In general..:)

Nibble, nibble.... Naw! I'm not taking the bait. Glad to hear you switched sides. Like in fishing, it may seem difficult to let fish go, but culling is a good thing. Good luck with that hope and change thing. :lol:

All the best,

Glenn

You think that is bad. Maryland (majority Democrats) just passed a law that ILLEGAL ALIENS could get in-state tuition at the University and also passed a law that citizens of the state could not get mail order cigars from out of state. What B.S. legislation and waste of time!

Scott

LOl Tox and Glenn..... :D

I think im going to have to disagree with you JR on the dems. I think both sides are crooked but the left really makes my blood boil.

I live in a state that has been run by Democrats for decades and its a mess. Taxes are brutal(we get taxed to make it, spend it, save it, whats the point of even having a job anymore?), the unions have the state by the shorthairs and the state just keeps putting thier hands deeper and deeper into the pockets of the taxpayers, its brutal. There is something wrong if you make over 6 figures and are just squeaking by like a lot of people are in this state.

For me persoanlly since im single with no kids and i make good money i get raped on taxes in my state. Between the federal govt and the state im in it for close to 45% of my salary for taxes and that doesnt even include my property tax bill which is close to 8k right now for what most around here would concider a very modest home, if i lived in a big gaint colonial id be well over 12k easy. How does paying 50% of what i gross to the govt in taxes even remotely fair? And that doesnt even include the sales taxes, exise tax, gas tax and other out of pocket takes i pay every day. Yet the moonbat dems want even more so they can squander on sweethart do nothing jobs for thier friends and family and programs that benefit illegals.

I have also got to whitness first hand what happens when you need govt help in a Dem run state. My father who is truly disabled right now has more or less been scewed by the state. Here in Mass we have state run health insurance like what Obama wants to do and its a freaking joke. My father who worked his ass off his entire life, paid his taxes and always did the right thing doesnt qualify for any of the benefits the state offers yet if he was an illegal he would get on mass health and a free ride on the taxpayer's dime. My father is just about blind and is dieing of cancer and gets pretty much nothing, he cant work, cant see, can hardly speak any more because the cancer is eating his brain and he gets nothing. Yet all the illegals get free healthcare and welfare and get to keep doing thier under the table work. The entire system is a joke and makes me want to puke.

If you want more dems please come take some away from Mass and keep them.

Im off my soap box now.. Yep im a little bitter....:angry:

Yes, the taxes are crazy here in IL. Income tax went from 3% to 5% this year.

Add to that the fact that this state also ignores the 2nd amendment by not allowing open or concealed carry (49 other states do allow some type of carry).

You also can't find a decent job. Businesses aren't hiring because the taxes are through the roof. Wife has been unemployed since December.

If my situation were different I would be out of here.

We need to get some legislators at the state and federal level that are willing to turn this country back to the principals it was founded on and I don't really care what letter they have behind their name.

I think I need to spend some time on the water.... probably start taxing the crap out of that next.

jeff c.

this is the wrong forum for you chosen subject, but when i see ignorance such as yours i must edjucate the miss informed hollyer than thou men of this world.

what would you recomend a raped woman do ? bring her rapist child to term?

how about a young woman who made bad choices regarding sex because she was uninformed>?

we as men have no idea how hard child birth is on thier bodies and minds.

it can take years off their lives, cause diabeties, and a ton of other lifetime health problems.

who are we as men not woman to judge and prevent safe medical teatment in terminating preganancy that are not wanted?

are we so pompus to think that we know anothers bodies better? these pepole will seek a sulution that may not be safe to the adult carring the potential child.

we do not know if a fetus is viable untill it is out of the womb and beatheing on it's own.

your pompus opinion that planed parenthood is bad only points out that you are willing to risk a healthy humans life for a non proven fetus maybee life. please lets just talk boats. because your sensitivity for your fellow human is somewhat lacking.

I'm with you Joe.

Finally a breath of fresh air on this board.

Thanks.

Sorry for going down that road. I was just commenting on JR's reference to PP in his original post. My wife and I have seen the loss of life 3 times. I view life as a very precious thing. I am sensitive though, my sensitivities lie with the unborn children. PP does do good things, abortion in my opinion is not one of them. Especially when it federally funded.

That is just the thing, No federal funds can be used for abortions. It's the law.

People are complaining that some of the facilities who provide services for Planned Parenthood also perform privately funded abortions.

I agree, ending a life would not be what my wife nor I would choose, however, I don't think I have a right to make that choice for another person.

They have every right to make decisions for themselves and I wouldn't want them making decisions for me.

That is what freedom is all about.

IMO.

Toxic,

I can appreciate you not wanting to get pregnant. However at church Sunday the pastor asked all the mothers to stand and receive a round of applause, an older gentlemen stood up to. So in Illinois we got it all.

Tox better skip the trip to mvm this year bwhahahah

Hey Jeff C, I agree with you! Joe who are you to call anyone ignorant or think you are qualified to educate anyone? Jeff has his opinion and you have yours. Use a little respect on the board, that's all I'm saying!

Sorry I brought this up.....LET IT DIE

You should be!!!!!!!!!

The government in general needs to make some hard decisions right now federal and state!

"Illinois" is now listed in the "Fink and Wiggles" dictionary as a synonym for corrupt, broke governmnt. OUR Democrats are idiots. It is not the party, it is the solid corruption that follows absolute power. In 2009 46% of the live births in Illinois wre paid for by Medicaid. We have families in my wife's school that are thrid generation welfare recipients. You cannot begin to imagine the condition we are in, fiscally and politically.

chris,

for your information i called no one ignorant.

i merly stated that jeff was ignorant around the subject. i'm not so sure you understand the use of the word.(ignorant)?

it is not an insult but a statement that a person has littel knowlage around a specific subject.

i'm ignorant around how it feels to be pregnant. so..... i have absolutly no buiness

telling another person what they must or must not put their bodies thru.

im sure jeff is not a woman and defanitly needs to be educated, miopic religous opinions

based on the male religous hiarchy of the church is ludicris.

what you are saying is that goverment,church, schools, neiboorhood watch what ever bogus athority you can find can somehow can tell someone what they can and canot do with their bodies.

this is both ignorant and dangerous on so many levels.

as for opinions thats what this board is a bunch of opinions. so what are you telling me not to post mine because it conflicts with yours?

so it seems i'm qualified to edjucate you after all. as for respect it apears to me you seem to be the only person comenting on this subject that choses to cast aspergons upon another, the rest were just having an exchange of thoughts on a very sensitive subject, wich i belive i pointed out in my first post on the subject that this board was the wrong place for this topic.

I repeat "this board is not the place for this subject"

I disagree... with " repeat "this board is not the place for this subject". This board is almost "perfect" in manhandling persons who are unable or unwilling to debate serious issues WITHOUT making it personal. This is a serious issue. I will debate it seriously without personal "attacks", name calling, or casting discredit or disrespect on any other person here. It has always been acceptable to disagree or debate an issue here by stating affirmatively your position. However, editorializing, characterizing another person's opinion in any way is unnecessary and counter productive.

Having thusly jumped into the fray, I will now add my "three cents" (Obama is singularly responsible for the rampant 50% inflation rate on the market value of conservative opinions by requiring so many of us to state them.)

I do not believe "Federal" funds shoiuld in any way be provided to any agency or organiztion that provides abortion services, period. If any individual State or States wants to do so I will argue against the policy or moral grounds. I however do not need a moral argument against the Federal Govenment funding such an entity (or lots of other things it currently funds) because there is no athority for it to be done under the US Constitution. Our Federal Government is one that is limited in scope by the various grants of authority set out in the US Constitution. It's like the old ad; "show me the beef". Only, show me the authority in the Constitution. If it is not authorized, whether it is (in your opinion or mine) good or bad policy, it is not a permissible Federal activity. End of that argument from my perspective.

Now, at the State level. Here is my convoluted position. First, I personally find abortion on any grounds other than to preserve the woman's life unacceptable. I have no illusions about a religious or moralistic dogmatic argument. My position is based on a personal observation that human life, all human life is precious and worthy of my personal protection within the constraints of the law. (there is the sticky/tricky part) I will what I can to save another's life. I will do what I can to protect another's life. However, I know that in some aspects I am being hypocritical because I have in my past done whatever was necessary to do the exact opposite when it was my duty or obligation. But, that is for another moment in time to be examined.

Now, for the confusion and dichotomy in my pesonal position. But, and this is a big one, I do not believe that it is the government's place to intrude into a peronal matter so inimate and private as procreation to regulate it or it's termination early in the pregnancy. I do not like this aspect of my position but I find myself grudgingly accepting that others may and do disgree with my position and I cannot accept that the government has the authority to intrude in early pregancies. It is why I am willing to "accept" the arbitrary time frames and the results of Roe v. Wade. At some point society's (read that as State Government's) power to protect it's citizens grows more pursuasive than a woman's right to control her own body. (this isn't easy or comfortable if you are intellectually honest and consistent in regard to the sanctity of life or the right to privacy because they are in direct conflict) Similar, sort of, to the accptable limitations on free speech..no shouting "fire" for a joke in a public auditorium when there is none. My rights and your rights do have limits where a more important societal right comes into conflict with them. Thus, if a woman is going to choose to terminate her pregnancy she may do so early when the viability of the fetus is clearly in doubt. But, she will lose that right to choose if she delays her decision too long in the eyes of the law. (Yes it can be argued that the lines are abitrary, but consistency and predictability are factors in establishing "laws".) Roe v. Wade is settled law. It ought not to be disturbed.

GREG,

so what your saying is basicly lets just leave the issue alone it's made law?

Yes... it is settled law... But, I am quite firm in my belief that it is not something that the FEDERAL government should fund. Just like PBS is not a legitimate recipient of federal funding. Unfortunately congress spends OUR money in a lot of ways I do not think it should both from a policy and from a constitutional perspective. In my opinion, this is an easy one, it is not authorized by any term of the constitutional mandate of duties or responsibilites of the Federal government.

And, try to watch out for how you post your opinions... Try stating your opinion without negatively reacting to another poster's comments. This is one of, if not THE, most civilized and respectful board on the net. We self police and ALWAYS treat each other with respect and civility.

i disagree with you i was neither negitive nor disrepectful.

merly passionate about a very touchy subject and yes responding to what i consider to be a foolish statement ie " if you dont want kids dont have sex" to witch in my opion requried a response from the other side of the issue

and i feel that the word taken offense to (ignorance) was both approrate and accurate

if you use the word correctly no offense should be taken.

if any is that is your issue not mine, i will not be bullied off my opinion.

i would rather talk boats here but i find myself having to stand up for the woman of this world on this board because of our skued male perceptions.

we have been out of the caves for a while lets start to act like it thats all i'm saying.

your attempts at dicrediting what i'm saying smacks of censorship in my opinion.

there is nothing civil about this subject on either side of the arguement

i dont care who pays for the services as long as they remain availble to those who need them.

Joe, I disagree with, amd hope you will see what I mean...

You said; " was neither negitive nor disrepectful. " However, you use words and phrases such as "a foolish statement" and "miopic religous opinions

what you are saying is that goverment,church, schools, neiboorhood watch what ever bogus athority you can find" I doubt that "myopic" respectfully describes a great many validly held religious opinions that disagree with abortion.

As I said, it seems to me you can still state your opinions without using the kinds of words and phrases you are now defending. I believe I have clearly stated my disagreement with your position without challenging either your right to hold such an opinion or desribed you in a negative manner (Save that I have to admit "disrepectful" is on some level a negative description. However, I hope you will see my attempt to "educate" you in the history and character of this particular board.

Joe, I disagree with, amd hope you will see what I mean...

You said; " was neither negitive nor disrepectful. " However, you use words and phrases such as "a foolish statement" and "miopic religous opinions

what you are saying is that goverment,church, schools, neiboorhood watch what ever bogus athority you can find" I doubt that "myopic" respectfully describes a great many validly held religious opinions that disagree with abortion. And I think there are better descriptors for policies that you want to challenge than "bogus authority".

As I said, it seems to me you can still state your opinions without using the kinds of words and phrases you are now defending. I believe I have clearly stated my disagreement with your position without challenging either your right to hold such an opinion or desribed you in a negative manner (Save that I have to admit "disrepectful" is on some level a negative description. However, I hope you will see my attempt to "educate" you in the history and character of this particular board.

you can state your opinions how you see fit and will state mine my way we are differnt pepole who use diffrent language for you to presume you can edit my posting by recomending there are better discriptors or that i could not use certin phrases would be incorrect.or do you need to be edjucated around the freedom of speech

so you and i will never agree and you think i might have said a mean word?

i can live with that.

any other issues are yours and yours alone i'm truely not interested in any further rebutal from you on this nor any other subject.

good day sir.

Sometimes even Kindergarten teachers fail to educate all their students in how to work and play well with others. Pity. It does seem that the "old dog new trick thing is generally true.

Latest posts

Back