Super Siphon Works!

• Thread starter John Astrello [URL]http://www.simplesiphon.com[/UR
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
I took the advice received last week and ordered a 'Super Siphon' kit from the supplier (link below).

This thing works like a charm! Did a test in the house, then took it out (after cleaning it/drying it) and did a test on the boat.

Put a 6 gallon jug of gas on the back deck; inserted the hose/check valve; jiggled it up and down twice and it was off to the races. Emptied the 6 gallons in about 3 minutes right into the tank, no drips and no fuss. And, it did a very good job of emptying the can - very little left.

If you are looking for a way to fuel your boat when you can't take it to the station, this works great. I ordered the Combo Kit, got the hose, with a valve attached, and a 3 pack of valves.

Tex
http://www.simplesiphon.com

I'm glad to know it works. I bought one to drain some gas from my boat so I could put some fresh in it. I couldn't get the dang little pump thing down the filler tube. I took the sending unit off and then the hose wasn't long enough to get over the side of the boat and there wasn't enough drop to start a syphon with the gas can on the floor of the boat. I been meaning to get to the hardware store and buy some more tubing and a nipple to connect the two but haven't got round to it. Happy to know it will work.... someday.:rolleyes:

i have had one of these for years, and wont let it out of my sight it wqorks so well.

Glad to hear it worked out for you. I've experienced no problems or spills in about 7 years refuelling at the dock, saving about a buck a gallon or more on average against marina fuel prices. I can dump 30 gal. into a boat in less than 30 min., start to finish including driving back and forth with the golf cart unloading/reloading the truck with fuel jugs. Cheap, convenient and tidy.

Oh yeah, towards the end of the jug, slightly tip it to one corner (making sure the pickup is in the same corner) and the remnanats can be measured by a teaspoon or two. ;)

Have had one for about a year and have been super satisfied with it. I use mine mostly for the lawn mower, but when I need to I can use it on the boat dock!

Tim

Latest posts

Back