Strap Marks on the Banana

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
The straps on the Nitro cover are black and my hull is white. Some of the straps are leaving black rub marks on the hull. A friend of mine told me to add a twist in the strap and it would keep it from flapping so much. A few of the straps are still rubbing. Any ideas on how to prevent that and what to use to take off the marks?

That's exactly why I don't trailer with the cover on.... LOTS do and don't seem to have any problems. Try some LIGHT rubbing compound if cleaners or your cleaning wax will not remove. Then decide if you want to trailer with the cover on....

TOXIC

I only trailer with the cover on when it's going to be very inclement weather. Otherwise, I take it off. Dealer recommended this also, as the intense flapping will wear on the area where the straps are sewn onto the cover. It will eventually give and release (break).

Banana's are supposed to be yellow. Not yellow and black!

Tex

Maybe "hull reduction surgery"?

I simply don't trailer with the cover on. Mainly for visability; but also because of damage to the cover/boat from flapping in the breeze. What's the worst that can happen - you get the inside of your boat wet!

me!

I wouldn't trailer with the cover if the straps left marks on the hull either. My lx700's cover straps go to the trailer and they do not rub or touch the sides of the boat. Only time I trailer with the cover is when it is wet out and I will be highway driving (the muck blowing off other vehicles does dirty the boat up quite a bit when it is wet out). Other than that, I really don't use the cover much at all. I think my cover is a little larger than the boat and the sides probably hang down a little further than the factory one that is made for the boat.

jd

I was told that any cover that is trailerd will leave some sort of mark(s) so I dont do it. I have enough rub marks already. I told the DOWCO rep that and she was shocked and thought that all of thier trailerable covers do very well, and they might. MY windshields are all fogged from rubbin but that might be cause I didn't have it on tight the one time I trailerd w/cover on.

oh and ya'll should give Teri a break maybe she is a real late bloomer.

charlie,

might be too late now for you, but I usually put a towel over the trolling motor, and wind shields to provide xtra padding and protection. my cover straps don't leave rub marks because they do not come in contact with the boat.

jd

Real late bloomer?? Hmmm...not sure what you are referencing....Splain please.

Take it off! Take it all off!

LOL

(You crack me up Mac!)

BPS heavy duty cleaner/degreaser took those black marks right off. That stuff works great!

Teri,

You are whipping it too hard if you are leaving marks. Try a riding crop instead of a strap! LOL!

Rich D

You should never strap your banana so tight that you leave marks. But hey, what you do in your spare time is your own business.... :)

Latest posts

Back