Storm Soft Plastic Crankbaits

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
My son talked me into buying one of those new soft plastic crankbaits made by Storm the other day. Have any of you use these yet? They sure are pretty but I'm wondering how durable they are. Looks like the tail could be nipped off rather easily. Also bought some of the soft plastic swim baits too.

Harpo

Sorry to say, I have some of those as well, and have not caught any bass on them, although they are pretty good for inshore ( trout & redfish ).

I bought a few of those based on my thought "if I was a fish I woul eat that" when I saw it. Haven't received a nibble yet but they look good moving thru the water.

I'm talking about an actual billed crankbait with a soft plastic body.

Also wondering about the swimbaits too. My daughters boyfriend spanked me with those Saturday.

Harpo

I used the soft crank. I also bought the swim bait but I haven't used them yet.

I haven't seen the softbodied crankbaits as yet. I have bought some of the swim baits, but just don't have the confidence in them to use them.

Here's my question. Since a crankbait is a 'reaction' bait, why would a soft body be of added good? If a fish hit's a crank bait and it's trebles, it generally either get's hooked on the trebel's, or doesn't. Maybe I'm missing something.

Tex

I think it's the flippy tail that might be the selling point but in my opinion the major fault of the thing as well.

Give the swimbaits a try. I saw bass and crappie chase it down from 10 feet away in murkey water.

Harpo

I've caught some nice stripers on Lanier with them, but I haven't caught the first bass with them. I've fished them in aggressive schooling spotted bass and caught fish on most everything else I threw, including other swim baits, but not the Storm. (?????) For the life of me, I can't think of any reason why. I'd figure if a striper would eat it, a spot would. They are very durable. I've caught several stripers/redfish on the same bait.

Back