Stoooooopid weather!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
My boy and I spent 2 hours last night getting the boat all tucked in for a long winters nap. She was winterized, so I charged the batteries and pulled them out. Put the motor all the way down. Put on the cover with lifts to keep and snow that got on it from pooling up. Then I parked it between 2 trees on my front lawn. Ran a rope above it between the 2 trees and kept it tight. Then I put a 16X30 tarp over the hole thing like a big open ended tent with a massive pitch and staked the hell out of the tarp to hold it for winter. The idea is the tarp is at pitch that any rain or snow will slide right off, the open ends allow the boat to get circulation of air through the winter and any blowing snow will get stopped by the boat cover. A full proof plan......right? Well the wind picked up last night and 2 hours of work was in the ditch this morning!!!! ARRRRRRGH!!!! Have to try it all over again tonight but this time I'm sticking stinkin cinder blocks on the edges of the tarp.

Rob,

The wind was pretty strong last night. You were not the only one that lost your tarp. I saw a big boat on the way to work that was got exposed last night.

Bob G.

yeah, but I had JUST covered it. The cover didn't last 12 hours! How can I expect to get thru an entire winter?

I know, I know!

Buy some 2x4s and Plywood.

Build 4 walls around the boat, and then attach the walls at the top with more 2x4s and plywood.

Now, here comes the tricky part:

Using staples, attach the tarp to the plywood and 2x4s.

problem solved!

:)

Sim, I might as well build a garage! LOL Or get one of those car ports! I might just do that actually

Thats what I did, my car port gets delivered Saturday. It was suppose to be delivered Friday. Now you can really complain Rob, the weather is suppose to be close to sixties this weekend. Guess where I'm going. Have a nice day, Jim.

Latest posts

Back