Still having Trouble W / Merc 115

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Stovall

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the great advice on my Merc 115 troubles but I'm still having some. Pulled all the carbs and cleaned them as Bob suggested they where dirty some trash and a little varnish. Rebuilt the fuel pump replaced the plugs again, replaced the fuel filter. She'll start and runs good on the hose at idle(1000 rpm)firgured that might be good for 750 in the water in gear. Now when I accelerate to kick in the other two cyclinders it will miss, not a hard miss fire but a noticable shaking kinda surges, all cyclinders have 150 psi compression +/- 1-2 lbs. I did not put new kits in the carbs (not much in there)but took them all the way down and clean everything and blew out with compressed air. CHecked float level and did the old mouth blow in the needle and seat to check the seal. It seems to me to be running rich plugs are a little wet, no gas leaking from carbs though. I have not put it on the water yet so don't know about performance and if i can clear up the problem once the recircular circuit kicks in good. I'm stumped any suggestions, i sure hate to pull the sun of a gun back down.

Thanks for any help.

Gunner CW02

also, there is a small fuel filter behind the oil tank.

jd

Latest posts

Back