Steering Wheel Extension

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Daniel

Reaction score
Okay guys, this may be a stupid question so, just consider the source(me)and please be kind.

My arms aren't long enough. I have to lean forward too far to reach the steering wheel. I don't want to move the seat forward. I already catch too much air in the face from leaning forward. If I could bring the steering wheel closer I could lean back and the air would then go over my head. It would also be easier on my back.

I've searched the internet and found steering wheel extensions for sports cars but, I haven't found anything that would appear to fit my Nitro.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I might have to fabricate something but, I was hoping to buy something off the shelf.

Thanks.

Frank

Frank - Maybe you can get one of those welded chain-type steering wheels like they customize cars with. It generally comes out about 6-8 inches. LOL Don't forget to put the dice on your rear-view mirror.

You be cool man!!!!!!! Just remember ifin' you lean to the side you be gettin' a face full.

What am I missing here? I HAVE TO lean forward to get out of the wind in my single console. If I sit straight and at arm's length, I get blasted. I put my nose on the dashboard!!

TOXIC

I could use something like this as well. I bought an adjustable seat bracket to mount my drivers seat to and slide forward a little, but then there is no leg room, the seat tilts forward and the center of gravity is a little too high. Feels like your going to fall out of the boat during a turn. Now if I could get the steering wheel out 4-6 inches that would be sweet.

Hmmm gonna have to think about this some more.

Dave

Back